Affiliation: Montefiore Medical Center
- If we prescribe it, will it come? Access to asthma equipment for Medicaid-insured children and adults in the Bronx, NYKaren L Warman
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1621 Eastchester Rd, Bronx, NY 10461
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:673-7. 2002..Clinical experience in an inner-city practice suggests that families encounter difficulties in filling prescriptions for spacers/holding chambers, peak flow (PF) meters, and nebulizer machines...
- Asthma risk factor assessment: what are the needs of inner-city families?Karen Warman
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital at Montefiore Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 97:S11-5. 2006..A complex array of risk factors contributes to sustained high levels of asthma morbidity in inner-city children...
- Modifiable risk factors for asthma morbidity in Bronx versus other inner-city childrenKaren Warman
Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Asthma 46:995-1000. 2009..Bronx children have higher asthma prevalence and asthma morbidity than other US children...
- Prediction of peak flow values followed by feedback improves perception of lung function and adherence to inhaled corticosteroids in children with asthmaJonathan M Feldman
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology Yeshiva University, Rousso Building, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Thorax 67:1040-5. 2012..The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of predicting peak expiratory flow (PEF) and receiving feedback on perception of pulmonary function and adherence to inhaled corticosteroids (ICS)...
- The relationship of caretaker anxiety to children's asthma morbidity and acute care utilizationEllen Johnson Silver
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Asthma 42:379-83. 2005..This study examined self-reported psychological distress in caretakers of inner-city children with asthma and examined its association to disease severity, as measured by day and night symptoms, and to acute care utilization for asthma...