Affiliation: Montefiore Medical Center
- Attitudes and practices of pediatric oncologists regarding methadone use in the treatment of cancer-related pain: results of a North American SurveyMichael Roth
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, NY, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 35:103-7. 2013..Many pediatric oncologists lack experience and education in the use of methadone. Formal education initiatives should be implemented to enhance pediatric oncologists' comfort and expertise in methadone use...
- Stem cell transplant for children with sickle cell anemia: parent and patient interestMichael Roth
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18:1709-15. 2012..It is concerning that few parents and adolescents believe SCD will negatively impact their prognosis. Education on the potential long-term sequelae of SCD is needed when considering the role for HSCT...
- Pediatric oncologists' views toward the use of complementary and alternative medicine in children with cancerMichael Roth
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31:177-82. 2009..Pediatric oncology patients commonly use complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), yet approximately only 50% of these patients discuss CAM with their oncologist...
- An assessment of the current state of palliative care education in pediatric hematology/oncology fellowship trainingMichael Roth
Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:647-51. 2009..This has led to the recommendation that increased palliative care training for physicians taking care of terminally ill pediatric patients is needed...
- Career burnout among pediatric oncologistsMichael Roth
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:1168-73. 2011..This survey evaluates the prevalence of burnout among pediatric oncologists, and assesses risk factors associated with the development of burnout...
- Day One Talk: parent preferences when learning that their child has cancerRachel M Kessel
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, The Children s Hospital at Montefiore, 3415 Bainbridge Ave, Bronx, NY, 10467, USA
Support Care Cancer 21:2977-82. 2013..The objective of this study is to assess what information parents of children with newly diagnosed cancer believe is important to learn during the Day One Talk...