Affiliation: Montefiore Medical Center
- Comparison of asthma knowledge, management, and psychological burden among parents of asthmatic children from rural and urban neighborhoods in IndiaD Rastogi
Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 3415 Bainbridge Avenue, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
J Asthma 46:911-5. 2009..Little is known on parental knowledge of asthma severity, management and psychosocial impact, particularly among rural dwellers. Further, it is not known whether the female asthmatic child is particularly vulnerable...
- Differential epigenome-wide DNA methylation patterns in childhood obesity-associated asthmaDeepa Rastogi
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Sci Rep 3:2164. 2013..These findings suggest that dysregulated DNA methylation is associated with non-atopic inflammation observed in pediatric obesity-associated asthma. ..
- Associations of obesity and asthma with functional exercise capacity in urban minority adolescentsDeepa Rastogi
Division of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital at Montefiore Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 47:1061-9. 2012..To examine the independent association of asthma and obesity and of their co-existence with functional exercise capacity among urban adolescents...
- Obesity-associated asthma in children: a distinct entityDeepa Rastogi
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Chest 141:895-905. 2012..Moreover, we speculated that Th1 biomarkers and anthropometric measures would correlate with pulmonary function tests (PFTs) in obese asthmatic children...
- Comparison of patterns of allergen sensitization among inner-city Hispanic and African American children with asthmaDeepa Rastogi
Department of Pediatrics, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 97:636-42. 2006..Although allergen sensitization among asthmatic African Americans has been extensively studied, similar details are not available for Hispanic children...
- T-helper type 2 polarization among asthmatics during and following pregnancyD Rastogi
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care, Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Clin Exp Allergy 36:892-8. 2006..While increased production of T helper cytokines has been reported to occur in both asthma and pregnancy, the effect of T-helper type 2 (Th2) polarization on asthma symptoms during pregnancy has not been well-characterized...
- Prescription habits for preventative medications among pediatric emergency department physicians at an inner-city teaching hospitalS Lovinsky
Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
J Asthma 47:1011-4. 2010..However, this aspect has not yet been explored...
- Inhaled nitric oxide and gentle ventilation in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension of the newborn--a single-center, 5-year experienceAnju Gupta
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of New York, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Perinatol 22:435-41. 2002..To evaluate the effect of inhaled nitric oxide (INO) in pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PH) in a single center over 5 years using gentle ventilation (GV), without hyperventilation or induced alkalosis...
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute guidelines and asthma management practices among inner-city pediatric primary care providersDeepa Rastogi
Children s Hospital at Montefiore, 3415 Bainbridge Avenue, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Chest 129:619-23. 2006..Adherence to National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) guidelines was evaluated, along with practices not clearly defined in the guidelines such as use of oral cough medicines and albuterol suspension...