S M Keller
Affiliation: Montefiore Medical Center
- Gene promoter methylation assayed in exhaled breath, with differences in smokers and lung cancer patientsWeiguo Han
Wadsworth Center, Human Toxicology and Molecular Epidemiology, Albany, NY, USA
Respir Res 10:86. 2009..There is a need for new, noninvasive risk assessment tools for use in lung cancer population screening and prevention programs...
- Diagnosis of palmar hyperhidrosis via questionnaire without physical examinationSteven M Keller
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, 3400 Bainbridge Ave, Suite 5A, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Clin Auton Res 19:175-81. 2009..The reliable diagnosis of PH via questionnaire would enable molecular epidemiological studies without the need for physical examination or direct sweat measurement...
- Prolonged survival in patients with resected non-small cell lung cancer and single-level N2 diseaseSteven M Keller
Cardiothoracic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 128:130-7. 2004....
- Adjuvant therapy for locally advanced non-small cell lung cancerSteven M Keller
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 3400 Bainbridge Ave, Suite 5B, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Lung Cancer 42:S29-34. 2003
- Second primary tumors following adjuvant therapy of resected stages II and IIIa non-small cell lung cancerSteven M Keller
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Montefiore Medical Center, 3400 Bainbridge Ave, Suite 5B, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Lung Cancer 42:79-86. 2003..The majority of SPTs occur outside the aerodigestive tract. Following development of a non-skin SPT, the survival difference between patients who had received adjuvant CRT and those treated with adjuvant RT alone was not significant...
- The influence of gender on survival and tumor recurrence following adjuvant therapy of completely resected stages II and IIIa non-small cell lung cancerS M Keller
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, 3400 Bainbridge Ave, Suite 5B Bronx, New York, NY 10467, USA
Lung Cancer 37:303-9. 2002..Gender does not influence survival following adjuvant RT or CRT administered to patients with completely resected stages II and IIIa NSCLC. However, women with non-squamous histology have increased survival when compared to men...
- Complete mediastinal lymph node dissection---does it make a difference?Steven M Keller
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Medical Center, First Ave and 16th St, New York, NY 10003, USA
Lung Cancer 36:7-8. 2002
- A randomized trial of postoperative adjuvant therapy in patients with completely resected stage II or IIIA non-small-cell lung cancer. Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupS M Keller
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY 10003, USA
N Engl J Med 343:1217-22. 2000....
- Mediastinal lymph node dissection improves survival in patients with stages II and IIIa non-small cell lung cancer. Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupS M Keller
Department of Surgery, The Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, New York 10003, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 70:358-65; discussion 365-6. 2000....
- Neoadjuvant and adjuvant therapy of non-small cell lung cancerLakshmi Rajdev
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Surg Oncol 11:243-53. 2002..Phase II and III trials with traditional radiotherapy schedules and cytotoxic drugs have produced conflicting results. Novel approaches utilizing long-term administration of less toxic drugs and targeted biologic therapies are promising...
- Adjuvant therapy of resected non-small-cell lung cancerS M Keller
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, New York 10804, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 12:149-55. 2000..However, recent phase II and III trials and a meta-analysis have produced conflicting results. Postoperative adjuvant therapy remains a subject of active investigation...
- Intraoperative staging and surgical management of stage IIIA/N2 non-small cell lung cancerIgor Brichkov
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, 3400 Bainbridge Avenue 5th floor, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Thorac Surg Clin 18:381-91. 2008..Cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy has moderate but proven survival benefit after resection of N2 disease. The role of PORT remains uncertain...
- Targeting protein translation in human non small cell lung cancer via combined MEK and mammalian target of rapamycin suppressionMarie Emmanuelle Legrier
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Cancer Res 67:11300-8. 2007..These data (a) provide evidence that both pathways converge on factors that regulate translation initiation and (b) support therapeutic strategies in lung cancer that simultaneously suppress the RAS and AKT signaling network...
- (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography: false-positive lung scanA H Khandani
Departments of Nuclear Medicine and Cardiothoracic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Semin Nucl Med 32:212-3. 2002
- Sensitivity of FDG PET, GLUT1 expression and proliferative index in bronchioloalveolar lung cancerAmir H Khandani
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, USA
Nucl Med Commun 28:173-7. 2007..To estimate the sensitivity of [F] fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET) and to assess the expression of glucose transporter 1 (GLUT1) and proliferative index (PI) in bronchioloalveolar lung cancer (BAC)...
- Post-operative radiotherapy (PORT) or chemoradiotherapy (CPORT) following resection of stages II and IIIA non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) does not increase the expected risk of death from intercurrent disease (DID) in Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupHeather A Wakelee
Stanford Clinical Cancer Center, 875 Blake Wilbur Drive, Room 2231, Stanford, CA 94305 5826, USA
Lung Cancer 48:389-97. 2005..The risk of DID following resection of stages II and IIIA NSCLC is not increased in patients who received PORT or CPORT...
- The impact of residual multi-level N2 disease after induction therapy for non-small cell lung cancerNoriyoshi Sawabata
Division of Surgery, Toneyama National Hospital, 5 1 1 Toneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 8552, Japan
Lung Cancer 42:69-77. 2003....
- Immunohistochemical analysis of C/EBPalpha in non-small cell lung cancer reveals frequent down-regulation in stage II and IIIA tumors: a correlative study of E3590Daniel B Costa
Division of Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, United States
Lung Cancer 56:97-103. 2007..This is the first comprehensive study of this transcription factor in patients with NSCLC...
- EGFR dinucleotide repeat polymorphism as a prognostic indicator in non-small cell lung cancerSarita Dubey
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:406-12. 2006..The authors hypothesized that a shorter length of tumor SSR would be associated with poorer survival in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...