Affiliation: Montefiore Medical Center
- Algorithm for the diagnosis and management of suspected pump thrombusDaniel J Goldstein
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 32:667-70. 2013....
- Continuous-flow devices and percutaneous site infections: clinical outcomesDaniel J Goldstein
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 31:1151-7. 2012..In particular, percutaneous site infections (PSI) are a serious complication during the post-implant course. We sought to study the incidence, risk factors, and clinical effect of PSI...
- Outcomes of cardiac transplantation in septuagenariansDaniel J Goldstein
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Montefiore Einstein Heart Center, Bronx, New York, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 31:679-85. 2012..Cardiac transplantation in many centers is programmatically limited to patients aged younger than 70 years. We investigated the trends and outcomes for cardiac transplantation in recipients aged 70 years and older in the United States...
- Young patients with nonischemic cardiomyopathy have higher likelihood of left ventricular recovery during left ventricular assist device supportDaniel J Goldstein
Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, USA
J Card Fail 18:392-5. 2012..We explored the hypothesis that certain patient profiles are more likely to exhibit LV recovery during LVAD support...
- Mechanical bridge to decision: what are the options for the management of acute refractory cardiogenic shock?Daniel Goldstein
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 3400 Bainbridge Avenue, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Curr Heart Fail Rep 8:51-8. 2011....
- Asymptomatic anterior perforation of an ICD lead into subcutaneous tissuesJohn D Fisher
Department of Medicine, Cardiology Division, Arrhythmia Service, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 31:7-9. 2008..The tip of the lead was estimated to be within 7 mm of the surface of the skin. The system was removed surgically, and the patient continued to do well...
- First reported use of the heartware HVAD in the US as bridge to transplant in an adolescentDavid D'Alessandro
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, USA
Pediatr Transplant 16:E356-9. 2012..This is particularly true when it comes to intracorporeal technologies. We describe the first reported experience with the use of the HVAD in the US as a successful bridge to transplantation in a 13-yr-old patient...
- Right ventricular dysfunction following continuous flow left ventricular assist device placement in 51 patients: predicators and outcomesSiyamek Neragi-Miandoab
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY 10467, USA
J Cardiothorac Surg 7:60. 2012..Right ventricular (RV) dysfunction following implantation of a left ventricular assist device (LVAD) is a serious condition and is associated with increased mortality...
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation as a temporizing approach in a patient with shock, myocardial infarct, and a large ventricle septal defect; successful repair after six daysSiyamek Neragi-Miandoab
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
J Card Surg 28:193-5. 2013..A delay in repair may prevent patch dehiscence. We now describe the technique used for a successful repair of a ruptured ventricular septal defect following six days of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support...