NEEL RAJNIKANT GANDHI
Affiliation: Montefiore Medical Center
- Extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis as a cause of death in patients co-infected with tuberculosis and HIV in a rural area of South AfricaNeel R Gandhi
AIDS Program, Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Lancet 368:1575-80. 2006..We assessed the prevalence and consequences of multidrug-resistant (MDR) and extensively drug-resistant (XDR) tuberculosis in a rural area in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa...
- Delayed presentation for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) care among veterans: a problem of access or screening?Neel R Gandhi
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program and Section of General Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Med Care 45:1105-9. 2007..Others argue that delays will persist until routine screening is adopted. The Veterans Health Administration (VA) is a unique laboratory to examine whether access to comprehensive health benefits results in earlier entry into HIV care...
- Prevention of nosocomial transmission of extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis in rural South African district hospitals: an epidemiological modelling studySanjay Basu
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Lancet 370:1500-7. 2007..We modelled the plausible effect of rapidly available infection control strategies on the overall course of the XDR tuberculosis epidemic in a rural area of South Africa...
- Successful integration of tuberculosis and HIV treatment in rural South Africa: the Sizonq'oba studyNeel R Gandhi
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 50:37-43. 2009..In KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, 80% of TB patients are HIV coinfected, with high treatment default and mortality rates. Integrating TB and HIV care may be an effective strategy for improving outcomes for both diseases...
- Tuberculosis and HIV-needed: a new paradigm for the control and management of linked epidemicsSimon J Tsiouris
Division of Infectious Diseases and Department of Epidemiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons and Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
MedGenMed 9:62. 2007
- Impact of HIV, Antiretroviral Therapy and TB Genotype on Survival in MDR TBNEEL RAJNIKANT GANDHI; Fiscal Year: 2010....