Affiliation: Montefiore Medical Center
- Standardizing race, ethnicity, and preferred language data collection in hospital information systems: results and implications for healthcare delivery and policyRohit Bhalla
Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
J Healthc Qual 34:44-52. 2012..Current federal race categories are of limited utility for persons of Hispanic/Latino ethnicity, and performance measurement approaches that exclude demographic variables may fail to address healthcare disparities...
- Could Medicare readmission policy exacerbate health care system inequity?Rohit Bhalla
Montefiore Medical Center, Orange Zone Research Center, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Ann Intern Med 152:114-7. 2010..Policy options can mitigate this potential...
- Improving primary percutaneous coronary intervention performance in an urban minority population using a quality improvement approachRohit Bhalla
Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Am J Med Qual 25:370-7. 2010..Quality improvement techniques can improve the quality of and access to acute cardiovascular care for minority populations...
- Improving hospital venous thromboembolism prophylaxis with electronic decision supportRohit Bhalla
Department of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
J Hosp Med 8:115-20. 2013..Venous thromboembolism (VTE) disease prophylaxis rates among medical inpatients have been noted to be <50%...
- Designing a comprehensive strategy to improve one core measure: discharge of patients with myocardial infarction or heart failure on ACE inhibitors/ARBsCalie Santana
Division of General Internal Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Am J Med Qual 27:398-405. 2012..However, future work is needed to improve performance among patients whose ACEs/ARBs are withheld during hospitalization...
- Pay for performance improves quality across demographic groupsRohit Bhalla
Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 22:199-209. 2013..To evaluate quality and the effect of pay for performance among minority patient groups, during a pay-for-performance program in 22 primary care practice sites...