Affiliation: Montefiore Medical Center
- The quality improvement-research divide and the need for external oversightE Bellin
Department of Outcomes Analysis and Decision Support, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Am J Public Health 91:1512-7. 2001..In this article, the authors review the ethical framework that requires these studies, evaluate the differences between quality assurance studies and classic research, and propose criteria for requiring external review...
- Is time-slice analysis superior to total hospital length of stay in demonstrating the effectiveness of a month-long intensive effort on a medicine service?Eran Bellin
Department of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 13:143-9. 2004..By comparing this method with a conventional average LOS analysis, we demonstrate the superiority of using this "time slice" method over the conventional analysis of LOS...
- Democratizing information creation from health care data for quality improvement, research, and education-the Montefiore Medical Center ExperienceEran Bellin
Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Acad Med 85:1362-8. 2010..The program at Montefiore could serve as a potential national model...
- The effect of race on provider decisions to test for illicit drug use in the peripartum settingHillary Veda Kunins
Albert Einstein College of Medicine Montefiore Medical Center Bronx, New York 10467, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:245-55. 2007..It is unknown whether racial disparities in drug testing practices underlie observed disparities in legal and social consequences of positive tests...
- Mortality before and after initiation of a computerized physician order entry system in a critically ill pediatric populationAdam Keene
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 8:268-71. 2007..Mortality in the pre- and post-CPOE time periods was compared, and adjustment for potentially confounding covariates was performed...
- Glycemic control in critically ill patients before and after institution of an intensive insulin infusion protocol: circadian rhythm and the quality duration calculatorAdam Keene
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
J Intensive Care Med 25:31-8. 2010..We wished to examine the effect of IIT on this rhythm as well as to describe the use of the quality duration calculator (QDC) for the evaluation of glycemic control before and after IIT...