Ruth E Propper
Affiliation: Montclair State University
- Getting a grip on memory: unilateral hand clenching alters episodic recallRuth E Propper
Department of Psychology, Montclair State University, Montclair, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e62474. 2013..Results supported the HERA model. Also supported was that simple unilateral hand clenching can be used as a means by which the functional specializations of the cerebral hemispheres can be investigated in intact humans...
- Increased anger is associated with increased hemispheric asymmetry: support for anger-tympanic membrane relationshipsRuth E Propper
Psychology Department, Montclair State University, 1 Normal Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07043, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:716-20. 2011..This is the second study supporting the use of ar-lTMT as a simple and convenient measure of hemispheric activation and as an objective correlate of anger...
- Negative emotional valence is associated with non-right-handedness and increased imbalance of hemispheric activation as measured by tympanic membrane temperatureRuth E Propper
Department of Psychology, Merrimack College, North Andover, MA 01845, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:691-4. 2010..These findings offer the possibility of an exceptionally simple measure that may, in conjunction with more established techniques, offer valuable diagnostic information, particularly for disorders involving anger/hostility...
- Look over there! Unilateral gaze increases geographical memory of the 50 United StatesRuth E Propper
Montclair State University, Psychology Department, Montclair, NJ 07043, United States
Brain Cogn 78:59-62. 2012..Results support an overall deficit in US geographical knowledge in undergraduate college students...
- Degree of Handedness, but not Direction, is a Systematic Predictor of Cognitive PerformanceEric Prichard
Department of Psychology, University of Toledo Toledo, OH, USA
Front Psychol 4:9. 2013..These results suggest that inconsistent handedness is associated with increased interhemispheric interaction and increased access to processes localized to the right cerebral hemisphere...
- Lateralized difference in tympanic membrane temperature: emotion and hemispheric activityRuth E Propper
Cerebral Lateralization Laboratory, Psychology Department, Montclair State University Montclair, NJ, USA
Front Psychol 4:104. 2013....