CHARLES MARTIN LAWRENCE
Affiliation: Montana State University
- Recognition of archaeal CRISPR RNA: No P in the alindromic repeat?C Martin Lawrence
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Thermal Biology Institute, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Structure 19:142-4. 2011..2011) show that the CRISPR endonuclease Cas6 wraps an unstructured CRISPR RNA repeat around its surface to achieve recognition and cleavage, suggesting that palindromic RNA is not a feature of many CRISPR subtypes...
- Structural and functional studies of archaeal virusesC Martin Lawrence
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Microbiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
J Biol Chem 284:12599-603. 2009..Here, we review progress in understanding these fascinating viruses at the molecular level and the evolutionary insights coming from these studies...
- The crystal structure of D212 from sulfolobus spindle-shaped virus ragged hills reveals a new member of the PD-(D/E)XK nuclease superfamilySmita K Menon
Thermal Biology Institute, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
J Virol 84:5890-7. 2010..The greatest structural similarity is found to the archaeal Holliday junction cleavage enzymes, strongly suggesting a role in DNA replication, repair, or recombination. Other roles associated with nuclease activity are also considered...
- CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC STUDIES OF IRE BINDING PROTEINCharles Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2004..The greater insight provided by these studies into the specific interactions of IRPs with IREs may lead us a step closer towards the development of treatments for disease of iron metabolism. ..
- Structural and Functional Studies of Iron Transport and HomeostasisCHARLES MARTIN LAWRENCE; Fiscal Year: 2010..For this reason, the Steap proteins represent potential targets of drug therapy in a variety of human disorders. ..