Affiliation: Montana State University
- Measurement of affectionate behaviors adolescent mothers display toward their infants in neonatal intensive careS E Christopher
Department of Health and Human Development, Montana State University, Bozeman 59717, USA
Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs 22:1-11. 1999..In addition, the studies demonstrated that nurses can observe maternal behaviors while performing their usual duties...
- Building and maintaining trust in a community-based participatory research partnershipSuzanne Christopher
Montana State University, 318 Herrick Hall, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Am J Public Health 98:1398-406. 2008..This article was cowritten by community and academic partners; by offering the voices of community partners, it provides a novel and distinctive contribution to the CBPR literature...
- A cervical cancer community-based participatory research project in a Native American communitySuzanne Christopher
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Health Educ Behav 35:821-34. 2008..Field notes, meeting minutes, and community perceptions are used to qualitatively evaluate the effectiveness of the Messengers program. Practice implications are discussed...
- Applying indigenous community-based participatory research principles to partnership development in health disparities researchSuzanne Christopher
Montana State University, Bozeman 59717, USA
Fam Community Health 34:246-55. 2011..This article provides detailed examples of how these principles are applied to the projects and discusses the overarching and interrelated emergent themes of sharing power and building trust...
- Participatory development of a cervical health brochure for Apsáalooke womenSuzanne Christopher
Montana State University Department of Health and Human Development, Bozeman 59717, USA
J Cancer Educ 20:173-6. 2005..These materials can be effective in changing health knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors. Participatory community-based processes are vital in creating culturally sensitive interventions...
- Recommendations for conducting successful research with Native AmericansSuzanne Christopher
Department of Health and Human Development, Montana State University, Boseman, MT 59717, USA
J Cancer Educ 20:47-51. 2005..In this article, I discuss factors that may affect working relationships between non-Indian researchers and Native American individuals and communities and give recommendations for conducting successful research...
- Development and implementation of a culturally sensitive cervical health survey: a community-based participatory approachAdina Smith
Department of Health and Human Development, Montana State University, 218 Herrick Hall, Bozeman, MT 59717 3540, USA
Women Health 40:67-86. 2004..The initial phase of this project was the development and implementation of a culturally sensitive survey used to guide the program and benefit the community. The process and preliminary results are presented...
- Apsáalooke women's experiences with Pap test screeningAdina J Smith
Department of Health and Human Development, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Cancer Control 15:166-73. 2008..This paper presents results from a survey assessing women's perceptions of the level of comfort and care received by health care providers in their most recent Pap test appointment...
- Formative evaluation of a multisite alcohol consumption intervention in pregnant womenTim Dunnagan
Department of Health and Human Development, 105 Hosaeus Complex, Bozeman, MT 59717 3360, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 25:745-55. 2003..Through this interaction it is hoped that the consortium members will be able to enhance the quality and effectiveness of the program's intervention...
- Determinants of alcohol use in pregnant women at risk for alcohol consumptionGeorge Haynes
Montana State University Bozeman, Marga Hoseaus Complex, Room 105, Bozeman, MT 59717 3360, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 25:659-66. 2003..The findings with the psychosocial variables were not as robust. Nevertheless, problematic psychiatric and drug use composite scores were associated with alcohol abuse...
- Lessons learned from community-based participatory research in Indian countryLinda Burhansstipanov
Native American Research Corp, Pine, CO 80470 7830, USA
Cancer Control 12:70-6. 2005..The majority of tribal Nations prefer, if not mandate, that CBPR be used in most proposed studies involving their communities today...
- Rural community leaders' perceptions of environmental health risks: improving community healthLaura S Larsson
Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, USA
AAOHN J 54:105-12. 2006....
- Development of an interviewer training manual for a cervical health project on the Apsáalooke ReservationSuzanne Christopher
Department of Health and Human Development at Montana State University in Bozeman, USA
Health Promot Pract 6:414-22. 2005..Limitations of this work and suggestions for conducting survey research with Native American populations are also included...