- Creating the evidence base for quality improvement collaboratives
Brian S Mittman
Veterans Affairs Quality Enhancement Research Initiative, Washington, DC, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:897-901. 2004
..Researchers, journal editors, and funding agencies must also cooperate to ensure that published evaluations are relevant, comprehensive, and cumulative...
- Overview of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (QUERI)
Office of Quality and Performance, US Department of Veterans Affairs 10Q, 810 Vermont Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20420, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 11:339-43. 2004
..This overview article describes QUERI's mission, history, structure, and activities and provides a brief summary of key findings and impacts...
- Quality improvement implementation in the nursing home
Dan R Berlowitz
CHQOER, Bedford VA Hospital, MA 01730, USA
Health Serv Res 38:65-83. 2003
..To examine quality improvement (QI) implementation in nursing homes, its association with organizational culture, and its effects on pressure ulcer care...
- Assessing the institutional approach to implementing smoking cessation practice guidelines in veterans health administration facilities
Scott E Sherman
Veterans Administration Health Services Research and Development, Center of Excellence for the Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, Veterans Administration Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Sepulveda, CA 91343, USA
Mil Med 171:80-7. 2006
..Future research should evaluate whether this approach provides adequate access and responsiveness to patient preferences for the full population of smokers in primary care...
- Assessing the structure of smoking cessation care in the Veterans Health Administration
Scott E Sherman
Veterans Administration Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence for the Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, Veterans Administration Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Sepulveda, California 91343, USA
Am J Health Promot 20:313-8. 2006
..Facilities routinely measure the processes of care but not the structure of care. This pilot study assessed the structure of smoking cessation care at Veterans Health Administration facilities...
- The complexity of care for patients with rheumatoid arthritis: metrics for better understanding chronic disease care
Katherine L Kahn
University of California at Los Angeles, Greater Los Angeles VA Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California 90095 1736, USA
Med Care 45:55-65. 2007
..Patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) provide an important opportunity for understanding care of patients with a serious chronic condition...
- Caring for patients with dementia: how good is the quality of care? Results from three health systems
Department of Veterans Affairs, Greater Los Angeles Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:1260-8. 2007
..To describe the quality of dementia care within one U.S. metropolitan area and to investigate associations between variations in quality and patient, caregiver, and health system characteristics...