Robert C McMillen
Affiliation: Mississippi State University
- US adult attitudes and practices regarding smoking restrictions and child exposure to environmental tobacco smoke: changes in the social climate from 2000-2001Robert C McMillen
Social Science Research Center, Mississippi State University, Starkville, Mississippi 39762, USA
Pediatrics 112:e55-60. 2003..The objective of this study was to describe the knowledge, attitudes, and practices of smokers and nonsmokers regarding smoking bans and child ETS exposure in multiple public and private settings and to report changes from 2000-2001...
- A community health assessment of the North Mississippi Health Services Catchment AreaRobert McMillen
Social Science Research Center, Mississippi State University, 103 Research Park, Mississippi State, MS 39762, USA
J Miss State Med Assoc 44:135-40. 2003
- Rural-urban differences in the social climate surrounding environmental tobacco smoke: a report from the 2002 Social Climate Survey of Tobacco ControlRobert McMillen
Social Science Research Center, Mississippi State University, 103 Research Park, Starkville, MS 39759, USA
J Rural Health 20:7-16. 2004..Although previous research has found smoking rates to be higher among residents of rural areas, few studies have investigated rural-urban differences in exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (ETS)...
- The leading health indicators of Mississippi: a report from the 2004 Mississippi Health AssessmentRobert McMillen
Social Science Research Center, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State 39759, USA
J Miss State Med Assoc 48:2-7. 2007
- Addressing parental smoking in pediatrics and family practice: a national survey of parentsJonathan P Winickoff
MGH Center for Child and Adolescent Health Policy, Harvard Pediatric Health Services Research Program, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Pediatrics 112:1146-51. 2003..No prior parent surveys have assessed national rates of screening and counseling for parental tobacco use in the context of their child's visit to primary care...
- Child health care clinicians' use of medications to help parents quit smoking: a national parent surveyJonathan P Winickoff
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Child and Adolescent Health Policy, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Pediatrics 115:1013-7. 2005..No prior survey has assessed the acceptability to parents of receiving smoking cessation medication prescriptions in the context of their child's primary care visits...
- The co-occurrence of maternal depressive symptoms and smoking in a national survey of mothersMegan Kavanaugh
American Academy of Pediatrics, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Ambul Pediatr 5:341-8. 2005..These findings have significant implications for our nation's children, health care clinicians, and health care payers...
- A national survey of the acceptability of quitlines to help parents quit smokingJonathan P Winickoff
MGH Center for Child and Adolescent Health Policy, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Pediatrics 117:e695-700. 2006....
- Comorbidity of obesity and pain in a general population: results from the Southern Pain Prevalence StudyHolli C Hitt
School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
J Pain 8:430-6. 2007..It may prompt future research to shape interventions and treatment for both pain and obesity...
- Mississippi Youth Tobacco SurveyRobert McMillen; Fiscal Year: 2007....