Patricia A Connolly
Affiliation: MiraVista Diagnostics
- Detection of histoplasma antigen by a quantitative enzyme immunoassayPatricia A Connolly
MiraVista Diagnostics, 4444 Decatur Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46241, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:1587-91. 2007..Sensitivity, specificity, and interassay precision are excellent in the new third-generation quantitative Histoplasma antigen immunoassay...
- Blastomyces dermatitidis antigen detection by quantitative enzyme immunoassayPatricia Connolly
MiraVista Diagnostics, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 19:53-6. 2012..Pretreatment increased the sensitivity for detection of antigenemia. Differentiation of histoplasmosis and blastomycosis is not possible by antigen detection...
- Detection of Histoplasma capsulatum antigenuria by ultrafiltration of samples with false-negative resultsLindsey Egan
MiraVista Diagnostics, 4444 Decatur Blvd, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46241, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:726-8. 2008..Antigen was detected following ultrafiltration in 73.8% of falsely negative specimens versus 2% of controls. Ultrafiltration improved sensitivity with a small reduction in specificity...
- A multicenter evaluation of tests for diagnosis of histoplasmosisChadi A Hage
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, Richard L Roudebush Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Clin Infect Dis 53:448-54. 2011..The goal of this study was to determine the sensitivity of the current antigen assay in different categories of histoplasmosis...
- Pathogenic differences between North American and Latin American strains of Histoplasma capsulatum var. capsulatum in experimentally infected miceMichelle M Durkin
MiraVista Diagnostics MiraBella Technologies, 4444 Decatur Blvd, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46241, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:4370-3. 2004..Mortality was higher with Latin American strains, and lung pathology showed large necrotizing granuloma with prominent neutrophilic infiltration. Chronic disease was unique to the North American strain...
- Antifungal therapy for central nervous system histoplasmosis, using a newly developed intracranial model of infectionRoss R Haynes
Histoplasmosis Reference Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1001 W 10th Street, OPW 430, Indianapolis, IN 46202 2879, USA
J Infect Dis 185:1830-2. 2002..The hypothesis that amphotericin B-fluconazole combination therapy would be superior to amphotericin B monotherapy for treatment of CNS histoplasmosis was not supported by this study...
- Urine polymerase chain reaction is not as sensitive as urine antigen for the diagnosis of disseminated histoplasmosisYi Wei Tang
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 54:283-7. 2006..Thus, positive PCR results in urine specimens correlate with positive culture results, but not with antigenuria. The low sensitivity of this PCR assay in urine limits its use in the diagnosis of disseminated histoplasmosis...
- Production of extracellular proteolytic activity by Histoplasma capsulatum grown in Histoplasma-macrophage medium is limited to restriction fragment length polymorphism class 1 isolatesRobert Zarnowski
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 59:39-47. 2007..Overall, the feature of extracellular proteolytic activity production enables a convenient and unequivocal identification of RFLP class 1 isolates and, thereby, can be used in H. capsulatum strain differentiation and typing...