K M Miranda
- Unique oxidative mechanisms for the reactive nitrogen oxide species, nitroxyl anionK M Miranda
Tumor Biology Section, Radiation Biology Branch, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 276:1720-7. 2001..Given that the cytotoxicity of AS is far greater than that of either NO/N2O3 or NO + O2, this study provides important new insights into the implications of the potential endogenous formation of NO- under inflammatory conditions in vivo...
- Distinction between nitrosating mechanisms within human cells and aqueous solutionM G Espey
Radiation Biology Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 276:30085-91. 2001..Although NO(2) was not a component of aqueous NO autoxidation, the results suggest that the intermediacy of this species may be a significant factor in the advent of either nitrosation or oxidation chemistry in biological systems...
- A discussion of the chemistry of oxidative and nitrosative stress in cytotoxicityK M Miranda
Radiation Biology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Inorg Biochem 79:237-40. 2000..This report discusses several examples of cytotoxicity involved with these stresses...
- Mechanisms of cell death governed by the balance between nitrosative and oxidative stressM G Espey
Radiation Biology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 899:209-21. 2000..We here describe how the mechanisms of cell death are interwoven in the balance between the different chemical intermediates involved in nitrosative and oxidative stress...
- Mechanisms of the antioxidant effects of nitric oxideD A Wink
Tumor Biology Section, Radiation Biology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 3:203-13. 2001..This review will address these aspects of the chemical biology of this multifaceted free radical and explore the beneficial effect of NO against oxidative stress...
- A rapid, simple spectrophotometric method for simultaneous detection of nitrate and nitriteK M Miranda
Radiation Biology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room B3 B69, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nitric Oxide 5:62-71. 2001..This report introduces a new, convenient assay for the stable oxidation products of nitrogen oxide chemistry in biological samples...
- Inhibitory effects of nitric oxide and nitrosative stress on dopamine-beta-hydroxylaseX Zhou
Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis, Radiation Biology Branch, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 275:21241-6. 2000..Our results are consistent with the hypothesis that nitrosative stress, mediated by N(2)O(3), can result in the inhibition of norepinephrine biosynthesis and may contribute to the regulation of neurotransmission and vasodilatation...