Wendy L St Peter
Affiliation: Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation
- Trends in intravenous iron use among dialysis patients in the United States (1994-2002)Wendy L St Peter
US Renal Data System, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:650-60. 2005..We report trends in IV iron use in both incident (1994 to 2001) and prevalent (1994 to 2002) Medicare US dialysis patients...
- Introduction: chronic kidney disease: a burgeoning health epidemicWendy L St Peter
College of Pharmacy at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 13:S2-5. 2007..At this point in the disease process, few opportunities exist to prevent adverse outcomes...
- Chronic kidney disease: issues and establishing programs and clinics for improved patient outcomesWendy L St Peter
College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Division of Nephrology, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 41:903-24. 2003....
- Chronic kidney disease and medicareWendy L St Peter
College of Pharmacy at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 13:S13-8. 2007..The ESRD population faces significant hurdles when using the new Part D benefit. To understand those challenges, a basic understanding of Part D is needed...
- Chronic kidney disease: the distribution of health care dollarsWendy L St Peter
Nephrology Analytical Services, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Kidney Int 66:313-21. 2004..The cost of care for end-stage renal disease (ESRD) is known to be high. The factors responsible for higher ESRD cost develop during chronic kidney disease (CKD), where the data on distribution of cost are limited...
- Economic evaluation of sevelamer versus calcium-based phosphate binders in hemodialysis patients: a secondary analysis using centers for Medicare & Medicaid services dataWendy L St Peter
Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:1954-61. 2009....
- Relationship among catheter insertions, vascular access infections, and anemia management in hemodialysis patientsTricia L Roberts
Nephrology Analytical Services, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404, USA
Kidney Int 66:2429-36. 2004..Recent data suggest that VA type contributes to recombinant human erythropoietin (rHuEPO) resistance. We examined catheter insertions, VA infections, and anemia management in Medicare, rHuEPO-treated, chronic hemodialysis patients...
- Linking Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services data with prospective DCOR trial data: methods and data comparison resultsWendy L St Peter
The College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Hemodial Int 12:480-91. 2008..Linking patients to the data-rich CMS ESRD database allowed assessment of additional important secondary end points at a relatively low cost compared with prospective data collection...
- Effects of monthly dose and regular dosing of intravenous active vitamin D use on mortality among patients undergoing hemodialysisWendy L St Peter
Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404, USA
Pharmacotherapy 29:154-64. 2009....
- United States Renal Data System assessment of the impact of the National Kidney Foundation-Dialysis Outcomes Quality Initiative guidelinesAllan J Collins
US Renal Data System and US Renal Data System Information System, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 39:784-95. 2002..Although it appears that clinical practice guidelines have improved the clinical care of dialysis patients, considerable regional variations in care across the country should be given significant attention...
- Cinacalcet use patterns and effect on laboratory values and other medications in a large dialysis organization, 2004 through 2006Wendy L St Peter
Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, 914 South 8th Street, Suite S 406, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:354-60. 2009....
- Issues regarding 'immortal time' in the analysis of the treatment effects in observational studiesJiannong Liu
United States Renal Data System, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404, USA
Kidney Int 81:341-50. 2012..Results from the DaVita data were consistent with the simulation. Careful consideration of methodology is needed in observational analyses with time-dependent treatment...
- Improving medication safety in chronic kidney disease patients on dialysis through medication reconciliationWendy L St Peter
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 17:413-9. 2010..Adequately powered trials are necessary to demonstrate that medication reconciliation can improve dialysis patient outcomes and cost...
- Prevalence of anemia in erythropoietin-treated pediatric as compared to adult chronic dialysis patientsBlanche M Chavers
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Kidney Int 65:266-73. 2004..Recent guidelines recommend a target hemoglobin range of 11 to 12 g/dL in pediatric and adult dialysis patients. We compared anemia prevalence in United States Medicare pediatric and adult dialysis patients...
- Trends in parathyroidectomy rates in US hemodialysis patients from 1992 to 2007Suying Li
Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, 914 South 8th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 57:602-11. 2011..Parathyroidectomy rates in hemodialysis patients increased from 1992 to 2002, when medication choices to manage secondary hyperparathyroidism expanded...
- Role of collaborative care models including pharmacists in improving blood pressure management in chronic kidney disease patientsWendy L St Peter
College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 20:498-503. 2011..This review will focus on the evidence which demonstrates the important role of the pharmacist in collaboration with physicians within primary care practices to improve blood pressure management in CKD patients...
- A comparison of sevelamer and calcium-based phosphate binders on mortality, hospitalization, and morbidity in hemodialysis: a secondary analysis of the Dialysis Clinical Outcomes Revisited (DCOR) randomized trial using claims dataWendy L St Peter
Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 51:445-54. 2008..Many patients were lost to follow-up, precluding intent-to-treat analysis by using prospective data collection...
- Clinical outcomes associated with receipt of integrated pharmacy services by hemodialysis patients: a quality improvement reportEric D Weinhandl
Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, Minneapolis, MN Electronic address
Am J Kidney Dis 62:557-67. 2013..In 2005, a large US dialysis organization created an integrated pharmacy program for its patients. We aimed to compare the outcomes of hemodialysis patients enrolled in this program and matched control patients...
- Medicare Part D: challenges for dialysis patients. Part 1Stephanie Smith
University of Minnesota, College of Pharmacy, USA
Nephrol News Issues 25:38-40, 42, 44-5. 2011..The anticipated shift of self-administered bone and mineral disorder medications from Part D into the dialysis bundle in 2014 has the potential to affect dialysis patients' access to these medications...
- Association between copayment and adherence to statin treatment initiated after coronary heart disease hospitalization: a longitudinal, retrospective, cohort studyXin Ye
College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Clin Ther 29:2748-57. 2007..Despite substantial evidence supporting the effectiveness of statin treatment, when administered regularly for the secondary prevention of coronary heart disease (CHD), many patients are not adherent...
- Potential impact of Medicare Part D in the end-stage renal disease populationWendy L St Peter
College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 15:140-6. 2008..The complexities of Medicare Part D make problems inevitable; ESRD patients may be more vulnerable to these problems than the general Medicare population, but further data are needed...
- Medication-related problems in ambulatory hemodialysis patients: a pooled analysisHarold J Manley
Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:669-80. 2005..We conducted a pooled analysis to gain additional insight into the frequency, type, and severity of medication-related problems and extrapolated the data to the entire US HD population...
- Hospitalization during advancing chronic kidney diseaseT Christian H Mix
Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 42:972-81. 2003..However, the influence of declining kidney function on hospitalization as ESRD approaches is not well understood...
- Nephrology pharmaceutical care preceptorship: a programmatic and clinical outcomes assessment. 2000Gary R Matzke
Ann Pharmacother 41:1892-8. 2007
- Initiation of statins after hospitalization for coronary heart diseaseXin Ye
i3 Innovus, Eden Prairie, MN 55344, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 13:385-96. 2007..It has been well recognized that patients with prior CHD are at very high risk for recurrent CHD. Statins have been recommended as an effective treatment in the secondary prevention of CHD...