Richard L Miller
- Synthesis and structure-activity-relationships of 1H-imidazo[4,5-c]quinolines that induce interferon productionJohn F Gerster
3M Pharmaceuticals, 3M Center, Building 270 4S 02, St Paul, Minnesota 55144 1000, USA
J Med Chem 48:3481-91. 2005....
- Resiquimod and other immune response modifiers as vaccine adjuvantsMark A Tomai
3M Drug Delivery Systems, 3M Center, 275 3E 10 St Paul, MN 55144, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 6:835-47. 2007..For injection, resiquimod or a similar compound may need to be formulated to allow for local immune activation without induction of systemic cytokines...
- The antiviral activity of Toll-like receptor 7 and 7/8 agonistsRichard L Miller
Drug News Perspect 21:69-87. 2008..This review focuses on the mechanism of action and antiviral usage reported for the TLR7 agonist imiquimod, the TLR7/8 agonist resiquimod and related imidazoquinoline analogues...
- Toll-like receptor-7 tolerizes malignant B cells and enhances killing by cytotoxic agentsYonghong Shi
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Research Institute, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 67:1823-31. 2007..This property of the TLR7-tolerized state may potentially be exploited in the treatment of B cell cancers...
- Apoptotic responses in squamous carcinoma and epithelial cells to small-molecule toll-like receptor agonists evaluated with automated cytometryJon R Inglefield
Department of Pharmacology, 3M Inc, Pharmaceuticals Division, St Paul, Minnesota 55144 1000, USA
J Biomol Screen 11:575-85. 2006..This TUNEL analysis allows the quantitative comparison of compounds' apoptotic activity toward adherent malignant and normal cells and may be useful for hit characterization after a screen...
- Sensitization of IL-2 signaling through TLR-7 enhances B lymphoma cell immunogenicityJelena Tomic
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Research Institute, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Center, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
J Immunol 176:3830-9. 2006..These findings suggest that TLR-7 "licenses" human B cells to respond to cytokines of the adaptive immune system (such as IL-2) and provide a strategy to increase the immunogenicity of lymphoma cells for therapeutic purposes...
- Topical imiquimod treatment prevents UV-light induced loss of contact hypersensitivity and immune toleranceThomas H Thatcher
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York, USA
J Invest Dermatol 126:821-31. 2006....
- Human TLR-7-, -8-, and -9-mediated induction of IFN-alpha/beta and -lambda Is IRAK-4 dependent and redundant for protective immunity to virusesKun Yang
Laboratory of Human Genetics of Infectious Diseases, University of Paris René Descartes INSERM U550, Necker Medical School, 75015 Paris, France
Immunity 23:465-78. 2005..The TLR-7-, TLR-8-, and TLR-9-dependent induction of IFN-alpha/beta and -lambda is strictly IRAK-4 dependent and paradoxically redundant for protective immunity to most viruses in humans...
- Regression of lymphomatous skin deposits in a chronic lymphocytic leukemia patient treated with the Toll-like receptor-7/8 agonist, imiquimodDavid E Spaner
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Research Institute, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 46:935-9. 2005..These observations extend the therapeutic spectrum of imiquimod to cutaneous B-cell lymphomas and suggest the use of TLR-7/8 agonists in CLL immunotherapy...
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cells produce cytokines and mature in response to the TLR7 agonists, imiquimod and resiquimodSheila J Gibson
Department of Pharmacology, 3M Pharmaceuticals, 3M Center, 270 2S 06, St Paul, MN 55144 1000, USA
Cell Immunol 218:74-86. 2002..These results demonstrate that imidazoquinoline molecules directly induce pDC maturation as determined by cytokine induction, CCR7 and co-stimulatory marker expression and prolonging viability...