Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Millennium Pharmaceuticals
- Neurotactin, a membrane-anchored chemokine upregulated in brain inflammationY Pan
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nature 387:611-7. 1997..Consequently we propose that neurotactin represents a new delta-chemokine family and that it may play a role in brain inflammation processes...
- Identification and gene organization of three novel members of the IL-1 family on human chromosome 2S J Busfield
Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc, 640 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02139, USA
Genomics 66:213-6. 2000..These genes may prove to have an important role in inflammatory responses...
- Mouse monocyte-derived chemokine is involved in airway hyperreactivity and lung inflammationJ A Gonzalo
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Immunol 163:403-11. 1999..These results also highlight the relevance of factors, such as mMDC, that regulate the migration and accumulation of leukocytes within the tissue during the development of the key physiological endpoint of asthma, airway hyperreactivity...
- A new nomenclature for IL-1-family genesJ E Sims
Trends Immunol 22:536-7. 2001
- [IL-1 beta mRNA and TNF-alpha mRNA expression in gingival tissues of patients with adult periodontitis]L Yin
College of Stomatology, China Medical University
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 19:318-21. 2001..01). CONCLUSION: As the inflammatory and bone absorption mediators, IL-1 beta and TNF-alpha might play important roles in the pathogenesis and development of adult periodontitis...
- Cell adhesion molecule expression in cultured human iris endothelial cellsM D Silverman
Department of Ophthalmology, Casey Eye Institute, Portland, OR, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:2861-6. 2001..In addition, this is the first demonstration of the regulated expression of ICAM-2 in any ocular microvascular cells...
- PTEN induces chemosensitivity in PTEN-mutated prostate cancer cells by suppression of Bcl-2 expressionH Huang
Department of Urology Research, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 276:38830-6. 2001..These findings suggest that the PTEN gene and its regulated pathway are potential therapeutic targets in prostate cancer...
- Plasticity in serotonin uptake in primary neuronal cultures of serotonin transporter knockout miceY Pan
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100, Rehovot, Israel
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 126:125-9. 2001..The results imply that midbrain-hindbrain neuronal cultures of knockout mice, that do not express serotonin transporters, acquire the capacity to take up serotonin, apparently via dopamine transporters...
- Mutations in the V2 vasopressin receptor gene are associated with X-linked nephrogenic diabetes insipidusY Pan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Nat Genet 2:103-6. 1992..Other mutations include three missense mutations, a frameshift and one small in-frame deletion. These results represent one of the first examples of recessive mutations affecting a G protein-coupled receptor...
- IL-1 and TNF receptor-deficient mice show decreased inflammation in an immune complex model of uveitisB E Brito
Department of Ophthalmology, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201 4197, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:2583-9. 1999..To determine the role of interleukin-1 (IL-1) and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) in the induction of uveitis by a reverse passive Arthus reaction (RPAR)...
- Murine endotoxin-induced uveitis, but not immune complex-induced uveitis, is dependent on the IL-8 receptor homologB E Brito
Department of Ophthalmology, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, USA
Curr Eye Res 19:76-85. 1999....
- Regional localization of the mouse argininosuccinate lyase gene to chromosome 5V R Sutton
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mamm Genome 8:871. 1997
- High pH accelerates GABA deactivation on perch-rho1B receptorsH Qian
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1855 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neuroscience 142:1221-30. 2006..Analysis of the pH sensitivities of the various chimeric receptors revealed that the alkaline-sensitive residues are located in the N-terminal region of the perch-rho(1B) subunit...