Kathy J LePard
Affiliation: Midwestern University
- Choline acetyltransferase and inducible nitric oxide synthase are increased in myenteric plexus of diabetic guinea pigKathy J LePard
Department of Physiology, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, 555 West 31st Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
Auton Neurosci 118:12-24. 2005..These adaptive changes by myenteric neurons to diabetes may contribute to gastrointestinal dysfunctions associated with diabetes...
- Age-dependent slowing of enteric axonal transport in insulin-resistant miceKathy J LePard
Department of Physiology, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, IL 60515, USA
World J Gastroenterol 19:482-91. 2013..To investigate retrograde tracer transport by gastric enteric neurons in insulin resistant mice with low or high glycosylated hemoglobin (Hb)...
- Student demonstration of relationship between intestinal slow waves and phasic contractionsKathy J LePard
Department of Physiology, Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
Adv Physiol Educ 29:131-2. 2005
- Neostigmine-induced contraction and nitric oxide-induced relaxation of isolated ileum from STZ diabetic guinea pigsJoseph Cellini
Department of Physiology, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL, USA
Auton Neurosci 165:178-90. 2011..A selective medication targeting a specific neural pathway may more effectively treat disordered gastrointestinal transit in patients with diabetes mellitus...
- Regional differences in neostigmine-induced contraction and relaxation of stomach from diabetic guinea pigJoseph Cellini
Department of Physiology, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, USA
Auton Neurosci 160:69-81. 2011....
- Acetylcholine in Diabetic Enteric Nervous SystemKATHY LEPARD; Fiscal Year: 2004..Once these adaptations are understood, GI complications experienced by diabetic patients can be more effectively treated. ..