Charles L Baum
Affiliation: Middle Tennessee State University
- A dynamic analysis of the effect of child care costs on the work decisions of low-income mothers with infantsCharles L Baum
Economics and Finance Department, Box 27, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN 37132, USA
Demography 39:139-64. 2002..The results showed that child care costs are a barrier to work that is larger for low-income mothers than for non-low-income mothers. Further, child care costs have large negative effects on hours of work...
- The wage effects of obesity: a longitudinal studyCharles L Baum
Economics and Finance Department, Middle Tennessee State University, USA
Health Econ 13:885-99. 2004..The study closes with a discussion of the public policy implications suggested by these findings...
- The effects of cigarette costs on BMI and obesityCharles L Baum
Economics Graduate Program, Economics and Finance Department, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, USA
Health Econ 18:3-19. 2009..Results indicate that the net benefit to society of increasing cigarette taxes may not be as large as previously thought, though this research in no way concludes that they should be decreased to prompt weight loss...
- Age, socioeconomic status and obesity growthCharles L Baum
Middle Tennessee State University, United States
J Health Econ 28:635-48. 2009..By contrast, little of the SES gap appears to propagate through household composition, family income or health behaviors. Fourth, adult SES has independent effects after controlling for childhood status...
- The effect of the Senior Citizens' Freedom to Work Act of 2000 on employer-provided pension and medical plansCharles L Baum
Benefits Q 18:65-72. 2002..This article analyzes the impact that the act will have on retirement decisions of the affected cohorts of older workers and closes with an analysis of how the act may affect employer-provided pension, medical and paid leave plans...
- Predictors of weight gain and cardiovascular risk in a cohort of racially diverse kidney transplant recipientsCharles L Baum
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Nutrition 18:139-46. 2002....