Affiliation: Michigan State University
- The relationship between MI and SMA afferents and cerebellar and pallidal efferents in the macaque monkeySharleen T Sakai
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
Somatosens Mot Res 19:139-48. 2002..These data suggest that while MI primarily receives inputs originating from Cb and SMA primarily receives inputs originating from GPi, it also appears that MI and SMA receive secondary afferents arising from GPi and Cb, respectively...
- Reticulospinal neurons in the pontomedullary reticular formation of the monkey (Macaca fascicularis)S T Sakai
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience Program, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Neuroscience 163:1158-70. 2009..The present results define the origins of the reticulospinal system in the monkey and provide an important foundation for future investigations of the anatomy and physiology of this system in primates...
- Brain size and social complexity: a computed tomography study in HyaenidaeSharleen T Sakai
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
Brain Behav Evol 77:91-104. 2011....
- Virtual endocasts: an application of computed tomography in the study of brain variation among hyenasSharleen T Sakai
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1225:E160-70. 2011....
- Social intelligence in the spotted hyena (Crocuta crocuta)Kay E Holekamp
Department of Zoology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 362:523-38. 2007..Finally, it appears that the gross anatomy of the brain in spotted hyenas might resemble that in primates with respect to expansion of frontal cortex, presumed to be involved in the mediation of social behaviour...
- Somatosensory input to the ventrolateral thalamic region in the macaque monkey: potential substrate for parkinsonian tremorIwona Stepniewska
Department of Psychology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
J Comp Neurol 455:378-95. 2003..Thus, the overlapping spinothalamic and cerebellar inputs may provide a substrate for the altered activity of motor thalamic neurons in such patients...