Michelle M Martel
Affiliation: Michigan State University
- Child ADHD and personality/temperament traits of reactive and effortful control, resiliency, and emotionalityMichelle M Martel
Michigan State University, Michigan, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 47:1175-83. 2006..We investigated this in terms of key personality/temperament traits of Reactive and Effortful Control, Resiliency, and Emotionality...
- Low blood lead levels associated with clinically diagnosed attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and mediated by weak cognitive controlJoel T Nigg
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Lansing, MI 48824 1116, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:325-31. 2008..We examine this relationship in children from a community sample exposed to average background levels of lead who have a diagnosis of ADHD that is established by clinical criteria...
- Childhood and adolescent resiliency, regulation, and executive functioning in relation to adolescent problems and competence in a high-risk sampleMichelle M Martel
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1116, USA
Dev Psychopathol 19:541-63. 2007..Results are discussed in relation to recent trait models of regulation and the scaffolded development of competence and problems in childhood and adolescence...
- Sex differences in the pathway from low birth weight to inattention/hyperactivityMichelle M Martel
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, 43 Psychology Building, East Lansing, MI 48823 1116, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 35:87-96. 2007..Sex differences in the associated features of attention symptoms may reflect partially distinct etiological pathways...
- Masculinized finger-length ratios of boys, but not girls, are associated with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderMichelle M Martel
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48823 1116, USA
Behav Neurosci 122:273-81. 2008..It is concluded that prenatal, organizational effects of gonadal hormones may play a role in the development of ADHD and contribute to explaining sex differences in the prevalence rates of this childhood disorder...
- Normative Symbol Digit Modalities Test performance in a community-based sampleLaura K Sheridan
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48823, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 21:23-8. 2006..In a multivariate model, these four variables did not impact test performance. These results support the utilization of the SDMT as a robust screening test for adult neuropsychological impairment...
- Poor response inhibition as a predictor of problem drinking and illicit drug use in adolescents at risk for alcoholism and other substance use disordersJoel T Nigg
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 116, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:468-75. 2006..To evaluate the predictive power of executive functions, in particular, response inhibition, in relation to alcohol-related problems and illicit drug use in adolescence...
- Temperament pathways to childhood disruptive behavior and adolescent substance abuse: testing a cascade modelMichelle M Martel
Department of Psychology, University of New Orleans, 2005 Geology and Psychology Building, 2000 Lakeshore Drive, New Orleans, LA 70148, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 37:363-73. 2009..Some, but not all, temperament traits in childhood were related to adolescent substance abuse; these effects were mediated via inattentive/hyperactive and disruptive behaviors...
- Processing speed weakness in children and adolescents with non-hyperactive but inattentive ADHD (ADD)Timothy L Goth-Owens
Psychology Department, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Child Neuropsychol 16:577-91. 2010..This subgroup may represent a distinct inattentive condition characterized by poor cognitive interference control and slow processing or output speed...
- The structure of childhood disruptive behaviorsMichelle M Martel
Department of Psychology, University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70148, USA
Psychol Assess 22:816-26. 2010..It is concluded that a bifactor model of childhood disruptive behaviors is superior to existing models and may help explain common patterns of comorbidity between ADHD and ODD...
- Integrating theory and method in the study of positive youth development: the sample case of gender-specificity and longitudinal stability of the dimensions of intention self-regulation (selection, optimization, and compensation)Alexander von Eye
Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Adv Child Dev Behav 41:349-75. 2011..Results suggested that the SOC bifactor structure was temporally stable...
- Parents' personality and infants' temperament as contributors to their emerging relationshipGrazyna Kochanska
Department of Psychology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, 52242, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 86:744-59. 2004..All measures of infant temperament also related to the emerging relationship. In Study 2, maternal Mistrust, Manipulativeness, Dependency, and Workaholism predicted the relationship with the child...
- Sex Differences in ADHD ExpressionMichelle Martel; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies are novel and will provide new knowledge in a much theorized area. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..