Frederick T L Leong
Affiliation: Michigan State University
- Depression among Asian Americans: Review and RecommendationsZornitsa Kalibatseva
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
Depress Res Treat 2011:320902. 2011..In the course of the review, the theme of complexity emerges: the heterogeneity of ethnic Asian American groups, the multidimensionality of depression, and the intersectionality of multiple factors among depressed Asian Americans...
- Disentangling immigrant status in mental health: psychological protective and risk factors among Latino and Asian American immigrantsFrederick Leong
Michigan State University, Department of Psychology, Consortium for Multicultural Psychology Research, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 83:361-71. 2013..Discrimination, acculturative stress, and family conflict were risk factors on the mental health for both ethnic groups. Clinical implications and directions for future research are provided. ..
- Suicide among Asian Americans: what do we know? What do we need to know?Frederick T L Leong
Michigan State University, Department of Psychology, Psychology Building, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Death Stud 31:417-34. 2007..In examining these factors, recommendations related to interventions and the existing research gaps are also discussed...
- Cultural accommodation as method and metaphorFrederick T L Leong
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
Am Psychol 62:913-27. 2007..L. Leong's (1996) integrative multidimensional model. The 2nd part of this article provides some speculation about the development of the CAM as a metaphor for the author's development as a psychotherapist and a psychological scientist...
- History of Asian American psychologyFrederick T L Leong
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, Psychology Building, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 15:352-62. 2009..The substantive areas of Asian American psychology and the education and training of Asian American psychologists are also discussed. The article ends with some comments about the future of Asian American psychology...
- Integrating cross-cultural psychology research methods into ethnic minority psychologyFrederick T L Leong
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 16:590-7. 2010..Third, we present a combined etic-emic approach to cross-cultural personality research as illustrated by the Cross-Cultural Personality Assessment Inventory developed by Fanny Cheung and her colleagues...