Norbert L Kerr
Affiliation: Michigan State University
- Group performance and decision makingNorbert L Kerr
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48823, USA
Annu Rev Psychol 55:623-55. 2004..g., groupthink) are discussed. New directions, such as nonlinear dynamic systems, evolutionary adaptation, and technological advances, should keep small group research vigorous well into the future...
- Psychological mechanisms underlying the Köhler motivation gainNorbert L Kerr
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1116, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 33:828-41. 2007..to achieve a favorable social comparison) versus collective (viz., to contribute to one's group) goals...
- Aerobic exercise is promoted when individual performance affects the group: a test of the Kohler motivation gain effectBrandon C Irwin
Kinesiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, 48824, USA
Ann Behav Med 44:151-9. 2012..A key barrier to achieving recommended intensity and duration of physical activity is motivation...
- Knowledge of partner's ability as a moderator of group motivation gains: an exploration of the Köhler discrepancy effectLawrence A Messé
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824 1117, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 82:935-46. 2002..Both experiments found (a) overall motivation gains and (b) discrepancy moderation under foreknowledge conditions. Implications for understanding group motivation gains are discussed...
- Buddy up: the Köhler effect applied to health gamesDeborah L Feltz
Department of Kinesiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
J Sport Exerc Psychol 33:506-26. 2011..The conjunctive condition was no more motivating than either the additive or coactive conditions. Results suggest that working out with virtually present, superior partners can improve persistence motivation on exercise game tasks...
- Fertility and intergroup bias in racial and minimal-group contexts: evidence for shared architectureMelissa M McDonald
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48840, USA
Psychol Sci 22:860-5. 2011....
- "Me versus just us versus us all" categorization and cooperation in nested social dilemmasArjaan P Wit
Department of Social and Organizational Psychology, Leiden University, The Netherlands
J Pers Soc Psychol 83:616-37. 2002....
- Satisficing in hypothesis generationJennifer Garst
Department of Communication, 2130 Skinner Building, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742 7635, USA
Am J Psychol 115:475-500. 2002..Limitations and implications of these findings are discussed for hypothesis development and the practice of taking post hoc hypotheses suggested by one's results and presenting them as a priori hypotheses...
- Chaos in the courtroom reconsidered: emotional bias and juror nullificationIrwin A Horowitz
Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331 4501, USA
Law Hum Behav 30:163-81. 2006..Emotional biases did not affect evidence processing but did affect emotional reactions and verdicts, providing the strongest support to date for the chaos theory...