Christopher C Colenda
Affiliation: Michigan State University
- Comparison of adult and geriatric psychiatric practice patterns: findings from the American Psychiatric Association's Practice Research NetworkChristopher C Colenda
Department of Psychiatry, College of Human Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 10:609-17. 2002..The authors explored diagnostic and treatment patterns for patients under and over age 65 seen by a nationally representative sample of psychiatrists participating in the American Psychiatric Association's Practice Research Network...
- Comparison of healthcare utilization and direct costs in three degenerative dementiasDaniel L Murman
Department of Neurology and Ophthalmology, Michigan State University, E Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 10:328-36. 2002..In all three groups, long-term care costs accounted for the majority of direct costs. Unique patterns of utilization and costs are seen in specific neurodegenerative dementias...
- Treating depression in nursing homes: practice guidelines in the real worldDeborah Wagenaar
Department of Psychiatry, Michigan State University, A231 E Fee Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824 1316, USA
J Am Osteopath Assoc 103:465-9. 2003..This research allows health care providers to evaluate the importance and feasibility of items related to the delivery of mental health services for the elderly in nursing homes...
- The impact of parkinsonism on costs of care in patients with AD and dementia with Lewy bodiesDaniel L Murman
Department of Neurology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Neurology 61:944-9. 2003..For the entire sample, the authors examined the incremental costs associated with increasing parkinsonism...
- Concurrent validity of neuropsychiatric subgroups on caregiver burden in Alzheimer disease patientsSaw Myo Tun
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:594-602. 2008..In the present study, our aim was to further examine the validation of the classification by considering its concurrent validity on caregiver burden...
- Late-life depression and mental health services in primary careDeborah Banazak Wagenaar
Department of Psychiatry, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 15:134-40. 2002..Future research should address real-world scenarios encountered by the primary care physician in their treatment of the "old-old" patient with complex medical comorbidities and functional decline...
- Predictive validity of neuropsychiatric subgroups on nursing home placement and survival in patients with Alzheimer diseaseSaw Myo Tun
From Departments of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:314-27. 2007..Two outcomes of interest in the study were nursing home placement and survival...
- Evaluated need, costs of care, and payer perspective in degenerative dementia patients cared for in the United StatesDaniel L Murman
Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 982045 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 21:39-48. 2007..The relationship between evaluated need variables and direct costs depends on the perspective of the payer and provide insights into which need variables could be targeted with interventions to control costs and improve patient outcomes...
- Position statement of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry regarding principles of care for patients with dementia resulting from Alzheimer diseaseConstantine G Lyketsos
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:561-72. 2006
- The geriatric psychiatry workforce in 2002: analysis from the 2002 National Survey of Psychiatric PracticeChristopher C Colenda
College of Medicine, 147 Joe H Reynolds Medical Bldg, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College Station, TX 77845 1114, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:756-65. 2005..Using the 2002 National Survey of Psychiatric Practice (NSPP), authors update demographic and professional work activities of a nationally representative sample of the psychiatric workforce who treat geriatric patients...
- Proposed geriatric psychiatry core competencies for subspecialty trainingSusan J Lieff
University of Toronto, c o Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, 3560 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario M6A 2E1 Canada
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:815-21. 2005..After July 2011, programs will begin to focus on identifying and developing educational centers of excellence...
- The economic impact of neuropsychiatric symptoms in Alzheimer's disease: can drugs ease the burden?Daniel L Murman
Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 2045, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 23:227-42. 2005..These economic evaluations will provide important information for decision makers who are formulating healthcare policy for the treatment of patients with AD...
- Interventions for treatment of depression in primary careChristopher C Colenda
JAMA 291:2815; author reply 2815-6. 2004
- Comparing clinical practice with guideline recommendations for the treatment of depression in geriatric patients: findings from the APA practice research networkChristopher C Colenda
Office of the Deam, College of Medicine, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College Station, TX 77843 1114, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:448-57. 2003....
- Patient choice and end-of-life decisionsChristopher C Colenda
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:113-4. 2003
- A prospective study of the effect of hypertension and baseline blood pressure on cognitive decline and dementia in postmenopausal women: the Women's Health Initiative Memory StudyKaren C Johnson
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennesse 38163, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1449-58. 2008..To examine the relationship between baseline hypertension, blood pressure, and the development of cognitive decline in participants in the Women's Health Initiative Memory Study (WHIMS)...