Affiliation: Michigan State University
- Mortality from the influenza pandemic of 1918-19 in IndonesiaSiddharth Chandra
Asian Studies Center, 301InternationalCenter, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Popul Stud (Camb) 67:185-93. 2013..We also present new findings on geographic patterns of population loss across Java, and pre-pandemic and post-pandemic population growth rates...
- Deaths associated with influenza pandemic of 1918-19, JapanSiddharth Chandra
Asian Studies Center, James Madison College, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 19:616-22. 2013..62%-3.71%. This rate resolves a major puzzle about the pandemic by indicating that the experience of Japan was similar to that of other parts of Asia...
- A geographic analysis of population density thresholds in the influenza pandemic of 1918-19Siddharth Chandra
Asian Studies Center, Michigan State University, 427 N Shaw Lane, Room 301, East Lansing, MI, 48824, USA
Int J Health Geogr 12:9. 2013..We study the case of the influenza pandemic of 1918-19 in India, where over 15 million people died in the short span of less than one year...
- Mortality from the influenza pandemic of 1918-1919: the case of IndiaSiddharth Chandra
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Demography 49:857-65. 2012..Future analyses of the effects of the pandemic on demographic change in India and worldwide will need to account for this significant downward revision...
- Within-day temporal patterns of smoking, withdrawal symptoms, and cravingSiddharth Chandra
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 117:118-25. 2011..Temporal patterns of craving and restlessness may aid in the design of smoking cessation interventions...
- Seasonality in sales of nicotine replacement therapies: patterns and implications for tobacco controlSiddharth Chandra
Asian Studies Center, Michigan State University, 301 International Center, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 13:395-8. 2011..Over the counter, nicotine replacement therapies (NRTs) are the most widely used smoking cessation treatment. This study sheds light on the seasonality of sales of NRT...
- Daily smoking patterns, their determinants, and implications for quittingSiddharth Chandra
Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 15:67-80. 2007..5 standard deviations) in the evening. Daily smoking patterns were related to environmental smoking restrictions, but the strength of this relationship differed among clusters and by time of day. Clusters differed in lapse risk...