Theresa M Casey
Affiliation: Michigan State University
- The bovine lactation genome: insights into the evolution of mammalian milkDanielle G Lemay
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Genome Biol 10:R43. 2009..The newly assembled Bos taurus genome sequence enables the linkage of bovine milk and lactation data with other mammalian genomes...
- Cancer associated fibroblasts stimulated by transforming growth factor beta1 (TGF-beta 1) increase invasion rate of tumor cells: a population studyTheresa M Casey
Department of Animal Science, Michigan State University, B290 Anthony Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 110:39-49. 2008..01). CAFs were measurably different from normal fibroblasts in response to TGF-beta 1, suggesting that TGF-beta stimulates changes in CAFs that foster tumor invasion...
- Mammary epithelial cells treated concurrently with TGF-alpha and TGF-beta exhibit enhanced proliferation and deathT M Casey
Department of Animal Science, B290 Anthony Hall, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 232:1027-40. 2007....
- The role of glucocorticoids in secretory activation and milk secretion, a historical perspectiveTheresa M Casey
Department of Animal Science, Anthony B290, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 12:293-304. 2007....
- Molecular signatures suggest a major role for stromal cells in development of invasive breast cancerTheresa Casey
Animal Science, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 114:47-62. 2009..Our objective was to delineate the pivotal role stroma plays in invasion by comparing transcriptomes among stromal and epithelial cells in normal tissue and invasive breast cancer...
- Molecular signatures reveal circadian clocks may orchestrate the homeorhetic response to lactationTheresa Casey
Department of Animal Science, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e7395. 2009..Changes in mammary, liver and adipose transcriptomes at the onset of lactation illustrate the complexity of homeorhetic adaptations and suggest that these changes are coordinated through molecular clocks...
- Quality measures for breast cancer surgery: initial validation of feasibility and assessment of variation among surgeonsLaurence E McCahill
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Arch Surg 144:455-62; discussion 462-3. 2009..To identify and quantify surgical outcomes as possible quality measures of initial breast cancer surgery and to assess variation among surgeons...
- Quality assessment of neoadjuvant therapy use in breast conservation: barriers to implementationTed James
Department of Surgery, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Breast J 15:524-6. 2009..Use of NST is an important quality metric in optimizing breast conservation. Patient education and greater understanding of patient-related barriers to NST may help improve BCR...
- In a hypergravity environment neonatal survival is adversely affected by alterations in dam tissue metabolism rather than reduced food intakeLaura M Lintault
Department of Animal Science, University of Vermont, Burlington, USA
J Appl Physiol 102:2186-93. 2007..Thus reduced food intake and body mass due to hypergravity exposure cannot explain the dramatic decrease in HG pup survival...