- Issues in genetic testing of childrenJohn G Twomey
Clinical Genetics, College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 31:156-63. 2006..As data cannot support either substantive benefits or harms accrued after GTIC, it is recommended that the traditional ethical analysis based on principled theory be augmented by theories that reflect a family-centered ethic...
- Ethical, legal, psychosocial, and cultural implications of genomics for oncology nursesJohn Twomey
School of Nursing, and Ethics Education, MGH Institute of Health Professions, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 27:54-63. 2011..To summarize the role of oncology nurses in the ethical, legal, psychosocial, and cultural issues inherent in genetic testing for hereditary cancer risk and to describe the recent trend and implications of direct-to-consumer genetic tests...
- Genetic testing of children: confluence or collision between parents and professionals?John G Twomey
MGH Institute of Health Professions, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02129, USA
AACN Clin Issues 13:557-66. 2002....
- Presymptomatic genetic testing in children for neurofibromatosis 2John G Twomey
MGH Institute of Health Professions at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 23:183-94. 2008..All parents interviewed noted that their decision was informed by their health team and was not difficult to make. Implications of these findings for bioethical analysis are presented...
- Measuring prenatal drug exposureJohn G Twomey
J Pediatr Nurs 17:150. 2002