V N Uebele
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- Cloning and functional expression of two families of beta-subunits of the large conductance calcium-activated K+ channelV N Uebele
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Biol Chem 275:23211-8. 2000..The tissue-specific expression of these beta-subunits may allow for the assembly of a large number of distinct BK channels in vivo, contributing to the functional diversity of native BK currents...
- Role of voltage-gated calcium channels in potassium-stimulated aldosterone secretion from rat adrenal zona glomerulosa cellsVictor N Uebele
Merck Research Labs, Sumneytown and West Point Pikes, Department of Molecular Neurology, WP26 265, West Point, PA 194486, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 92:209-18. 2004..Further, they confirm the need for selective T-type calcium channel antagonists to better address the role of T-type channels in K(+)-stimulated aldosterone secretion...
- Antagonism of T-type calcium channels inhibits high-fat diet-induced weight gain in miceVictor N Uebele
Department of Sleep Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486 0004, USA
J Clin Invest 119:1659-67. 2009..Together, these studies reveal what we believe to be a previously unknown role for T-type calcium channels in the regulation of sleep and weight maintenance and suggest the potential for a novel therapeutic approach to treating obesity...
- Positive allosteric interaction of structurally diverse T-type calcium channel antagonistsVictor N Uebele
Department of Depression and Circadian Disorders, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Cell Biochem Biophys 55:81-93. 2009....
- High throughput ion-channel pharmacology: planar-array-based voltage clampLaszlo Kiss
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 1:127-35. 2003..We have applied this method to study the hERG K(+) channel and to determine the pharmacological profile of QT prolonging drugs...
- Design, synthesis, and evaluation of a novel 4-aminomethyl-4-fluoropiperidine as a T-type Ca2+ channel antagonistWilliam D Shipe
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, WP14 1, P O Box 4, Sumneytown Pike, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Med Chem 51:3692-5. 2008..Structural modification of the piperidine leads 1 and 2 afforded the fluorinated piperidine ( S)- 5, a potent and selective antagonist that displayed in vivo CNS efficacy without adverse cardiovascular effects...
- Discovery of 1,4-substituted piperidines as potent and selective inhibitors of T-type calcium channelsZhi Qiang Yang
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Med Chem 51:6471-7. 2008..Compound 30 thus demonstrates a wide margin between CNS and peripheral effects and is a useful tool for probing the effects of T-type calcium channel inhibition...