Beatriz A Rocha
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- 17 Beta-estradiol-induced antidepressant-like effect in the forced swim test is absent in estrogen receptor-beta knockout (BERKO) miceBeatriz A Rocha
Department of Pharmacology, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 179:637-43. 2005..17beta-Estradiol (E2) induces expression of the enzyme implicated in 5-HT synthesis - tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH), and this effect is mediated through ER-beta located in 5-HT cell bodies of the dorsal raphe nucleus (DRN)...
- Stimulant and reinforcing effects of cocaine in monoamine transporter knockout miceBeatriz A Rocha
Merck Research Laboratories, Department of Pharmacology, RY80Y 140, PO Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 479:107-15. 2003..Overall, these studies provide evidence that cocaine dynamically acts at multiple sites through pathways that might be exchangeable under certain circumstances...
- Increased vulnerability to self-administer cocaine in mice prenatally exposed to cocaineBeatriz A Rocha
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, National Institute of Drug Abuse Intramureal Research Program, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 163:221-9. 2002..At least 40,000 infants born each year in the U.S. are estimated to have been exposed to crack cocaine and, therefore, may be at risk for increased vulnerability to cocaine addiction...
- Enhanced locomotor, reinforcing, and neurochemical effects of cocaine in serotonin 5-hydroxytryptamine 2C receptor mutant miceBeatriz A Rocha
National Institute on Drug Abuse Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Neurosci 22:10039-45. 2002..These findings strongly implicate 5-HT2C receptors in the serotonergic suppression of DA-mediated behavioral responses to cocaine and as a potential therapeutic target for cocaine abuse...
- Intravenous cocaine induced-activity and behavioural sensitization in norepinephrine-, but not dopamine-transporter knockout miceAndy N Mead
Behavioural Neuroscience Branch, National Institute of Drug Abuse Intramural Research Program, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Eur J Neurosci 16:514-20. 2002..In addition to existing data concerning the reinforcing effects of cocaine in DAT-KO mice, these data suggest a dissociation between the reinforcing and locomotor stimulant effects of cocaine...
- Behavioural sensitization and enhanced dopamine response in the nucleus accumbens after intravenous cocaine self-administration in miceAgustin Zapata
Integrative Neuroscience Section, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore MD 2122, USA
Eur J Neurosci 17:590-6. 2003..Furthermore, control over cocaine infusion does not significantly alter the magnitude of the sensitized behavioural and presynaptic dopamine responses observed in response to a challenge dose of cocaine...
- Sensitization of psychomotor stimulation and conditioned reward in mice: differential modulation by contextual learningAndy N Mead
Behavioural Neuroscience Branch, The National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:249-58. 2004....
- Genetic deletion of the norepinephrine transporter decreases vulnerability to seizuresRafal M Kaminski
Integrative Neuroscience Section, NIDA IRP, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neurosci Lett 382:51-5. 2005..For all drugs tested, the response of NET-HT mice was always intermediate. These data provide further support for a role of endogenous NE in the control of seizure susceptibility...
- Reinstatement of cocaine seeking in 129X1/SvJ mice: effects of cocaine priming, cocaine cues and food deprivationDavid A Highfield
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, IRP/NIDA/NIH, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 161:417-24. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: The present data suggest that factors contributing to relapse to drugs can be studied in the reinstatement model using the common 129X1/SvJ mouse inbred strain...
- Intravenous cocaine-induced activity in A/J and C57BL/6J mice: behavioral sensitization and conditioned activityAndy N Mead
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, National Institute of Drug Abuse - Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, MD 21222, USA
Neuropharmacology 42:976-86. 2002..In summary, these data extend to the i.v. route of administration previous observations on cocaine-induced activity and conditioned activity...
- Dopamine uptake through the norepinephrine transporter in brain regions with low levels of the dopamine transporter: evidence from knock-out mouse linesJose A Morón
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Neurosci 22:389-95. 2002..These data underscore the fact that which transporter clears dopamine from a given region depends on both the affinities and the local densities of the transporters...