Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- PDE4 inhibitors induce emesis in ferrets via a noradrenergic pathwayA Robichaud
Department of Pharmacology, Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, PO Box 1005, Pointe Claire, Dorval, Quebec, Canada H9R 4P8
Neuropharmacology 40:262-9. 2001....
- Assessing the emetic potential of PDE4 inhibitors in ratsA Robichaud
Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, P O Box 1005 Pointe Claire Dorval, Qc H9R 4P8 Canada
Br J Pharmacol 135:113-8. 2002..5. In summary, this model is functionally coupled to PDE4, specific to alpha(2)-adrenoceptors and relevant to PDE4 inhibitor-induced emesis. It therefore provides a novel way of evaluating the emetic potential of PDE4 inhibitors in rats...
- Deletion of phosphodiesterase 4D in mice shortens alpha(2)-adrenoceptor-mediated anesthesia, a behavioral correlate of emesisAnnette Robichaud
Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, Pointe Claire Dorval, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Invest 110:1045-52. 2002..These findings strongly support the hypothesis that inhibition of PDE4D is pivotal to the anesthesia-reversing effect of PMNPQ and is likely responsible for emesis induced by PDE4 inhibitors...
- Gob-5 is not essential for mucus overproduction in preclinical murine models of allergic asthmaAnnette Robichaud
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Merck Centre for Therapeutic Research, P O Box 1005, Pointe Claire Dorval, PQ, H9R 4P8 Canada
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 33:303-14. 2005....
- Action of cyclooxygenase inhibitors and a leukotriene biosynthesis inhibitor on cisplatin-induced acute and delayed emesis in the ferretTasia S W Sam
Emesis Research Group, Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Pharmacol Sci 103:189-200. 2007..p., three times per day; P<0.05). Inhibition of the cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase pathways does not account for the anti-emetic of dexamethasone...