Josephine M Norquist
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- Choice of recall period for patient-reported outcome (PRO) measures: criteria for considerationJosephine M Norquist
Department of Epidemiology, Merck Research Laboratories, UG1D 60, P O Box 1000, North Wales, PA 19454, USA
Qual Life Res 21:1013-20. 2012..Understand the choice of recall period for PRO measures based on intended use, characteristics of the disease, treatment, and attributes of studies...
- Adaptation of a previously validated vaccination report card for use in adult vaccine clinical trials to align with the 2007 FDA Toxicity Grading Scale GuidanceJosephine M Norquist
Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp, Whitehouse Station, NJ, USA
Hum Vaccin Immunother 8:1208-12. 2012..The revised VRC is currently being used in Merck vaccine clinical trials...
- One-year health-related quality of life outcomes in weight loss trial participants: comparison of three measuresRonette L Kolotkin
Obesity and Quality of Life Consulting, 762 Ninth Street 563, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:53. 2009....
- Validation of a questionnaire to assess niacin-induced cutaneous flushingJosephine M Norquist
Merck Research Laboratories, Department of Epidemiology, North Wales, PA 19454 2505, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1549-60. 2007..To further characterize flushing, a patient-reported Flushing Symptom Questionnaire (FSQ) was developed and validated...
- Effects of laropiprant on nicotinic acid-induced flushing in patients with dyslipidemiaJohn F Paolini
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:625-30. 2008..LRPT plus ERN was well tolerated. In conclusion, the significant reduction in ERN-induced flushing provided by LRPT plus ERN supports an accelerated ERN dose-advancement paradigm to achieve rapidly a 2-g dose in dyslipidemic patients...
- Extended-release niacin/laropiprant: reducing niacin-induced flushing to better realize the benefit of niacin in improving cardiovascular risk factorsJohn F Paolini
Merck and Company, Incorporated, 126 East Lincoln Avenue, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Cardiol Clin 26:547-60. 2008..ER niacin/laropiprant generally is tolerated well and represents a new treatment option for dyslipidemia that offers the potential for more patients to receive the lipid-modifying and cardiovascular benefits of niacin...
- Key concepts of migraine postdrome: a qualitative study to develop a post-migraine questionnaireDaisy S Ng-Mak
Epidemiology Department, Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp, North Wales, PA 19454, USA
Headache 51:105-17. 2011..To understand migraine postdrome by directly interviewing migraine patients with postdrome symptoms. To document these symptoms, as well as impacts, as a prelude to developing a postdrome migraine questionnaire...
- Validation of a pediatric caregiver diary to measure symptoms of postacute respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitisNancy C Santanello
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 40:31-8. 2005..In conclusion, the BCD provides a valid, reliable, and responsive tool for the assessment of symptoms of postacute RSV-induced bronchiolitis, capable of measuring moderate effect sizes, and demonstrating responsiveness to therapy...
- Validation of the nighttime symptoms score as a clinically relevant measure of allergic rhinitisNancy C Santanello
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 27:231-9. 2006..Sleep quality questions measure aspects of SAR that are not captured by daytime SAR symptoms. The results show that the NSS is a valid and relevant clinical measure of the impact of nighttime sleep disturbance on AR patients...
- Comparing alternative Rasch-based methods vs raw scores in measuring change in healthJosephine M Norquist
Department of Public Health, Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Med Care 42:I25-36. 2004..To compare alternative Rasch-based approaches to the assessment of change over time through the example of an outcome measure used in total hip replacement surgery...
- Distribution-based criteria for change in health-related quality of life in Parkinson's diseaseRay Fitzpatrick
Department of Public Health, Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oxford, Old Road, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LF, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 57:40-4. 2004....
- Some considerations for the interpretation of health-related quality of life dataJosephine M Norquist
Value Health 8:80-1. 2005
- Health-related quality of life in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: determining a meaningful deteriorationJosephine M Norquist
Department of Public Health, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Qual Life Res 13:1409-14. 2004....
- Rasch scoring of outcomes of total hip replacementRay Fitzpatrick
Department of Public Health, Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oxford, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LF, United Kingdom
J Clin Epidemiol 56:68-74. 2003..Considerable gains in precision were achieved with Rasch scoring methods when groups were compared in a cross-sectional way. Alternative approaches to scoring questionnaires should be investigated to better assess comparisons over time...