G Y Ng
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- Identification of a GABAB receptor subunit, gb2, required for functional GABAB receptor activityG Y Ng
Merck Frosst Center for Therapeutic Research, Kirkland, Quebec H9H 3L1, Canada
J Biol Chem 274:7607-10. 1999..In COS-7 cells coexpressing gb1a and gb2 receptors, co-immunoprecipitation of gb1a and gb2 receptors was demonstrated, indicating that gb1a and gb2 act as subunits in the formation of a functional GABAB receptor...
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid type B receptors with specific heterodimer composition and postsynaptic actions in hippocampal neurons are targets of anticonvulsant gabapentin actionG Y Ng
Merck Frosst Center for Therapeutic Research, Kirkland, Canada
Mol Pharmacol 59:144-52. 2001..This selective agonism of postsynaptic GABA(B) receptor subtypes by gabapentin in hippocampal neurons may be its key therapeutic advantage as an anticonvulsant...
- Coexpression of full-length gamma-aminobutyric acid(B) (GABA(B)) receptors with truncated receptors and metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 supports the GABA(B) heterodimer as the functional receptorR Sullivan
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Chemistry, Merck Frosst Center for Therapeutic Research, Kirkland, Quebec, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 293:460-7. 2000..Taken together with the truncated receptor studies, the data suggest that a high degree of structural specificity is required to form the functional GABA(B) receptor that is a gb1-gb2 heterodimer...
- Cloning of a novel G-protein-coupled receptor GPR 51 resembling GABAB receptors expressed predominantly in nervous tissues and mapped proximal to the hereditary sensory neuropathy type 1 locus on chromosome 9G Y Ng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Merck Frosst Center for Therapeutic Research, 16711 TransCanada Highway, Kirkland, Quebec, H9H 3L1
Genomics 56:288-95. 1999..Gene GPR 51 was localized by radiation hybrid mapping to chromosome 9, 4.81 cR from the WI-8684 marker, and proximal to the hereditary sensory neuropathy type 1 locus...
- Synthesis of the nanomolar photoaffinity GABA(B) receptor ligand CGP 71872 reveals diversity in the tissue distribution of GABA(B) receptor formsM Belley
Department of Chemistry, Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, Kirkland, Quebec, Canada
Bioorg Med Chem 7:2697-704. 1999....
- The identification of NP25: a novel protein that is differentially expressed by neuronal subpopulationsW Z Ren
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Ont, Canada
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 22:173-85. 1994..The wide and differential distribution of NP25 in the brain suggests that it may play a particular important role in the function of specific neuronal systems...
- Human serotonin1B receptor expression in Sf9 cells: phosphorylation, palmitoylation, and adenylyl cyclase inhibitionG Y Ng
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Biochemistry 32:11727-33. 1993..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- The anticonvulsant, antihyperalgesic agent gabapentin is an agonist at brain gamma-aminobutyric acid type B receptors negatively coupled to voltage-dependent calcium channelsS Bertrand
, , , , Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 298:15-24. 2001....