T J Moore
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- Effect of dietary patterns on ambulatory blood pressure : results from the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) Trial. DASH Collaborative Research GroupT J Moore
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Mass, USA
Hypertension 34:472-7. 1999..These results demonstrate that the DASH combination diet provides significant round-the-clock reduction in BP, especially in hypertensive participants...
- The effect of dietary patterns on blood pressure control in hypertensive patients: results from the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) trialP R Conlin
Endocrinology Hypertension Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Hypertens 13:949-55. 2000..In patients with hypertension, the DASH combination diet effectively lowers BP and may be useful in achieving control of Stage 1 hypertension...
- Effect of indomethacin on blood pressure lowering by captopril and losartan in hypertensive patientsP R Conlin
Endocrinology Hypertension Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Medical Service, Brockton West Roxbury VA Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hypertension 36:461-5. 2000..0 mm Hg, P:<0.05), but losartan was unaffected (0.4 mm Hg). Thus, concurrent treatment with indomethacin similarly attenuates the 24-hour antihypertensive response to losartan and captopril...
- Salt sensitivity of hypertension and responses to angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition with benazeprilT J Moore
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Hypertens 9:54-60. 1996..We conclude that the factors that influence sensitivity of BP to salt intake do not influence the systemic or renal hemodynamic response to ACE inhibition...
- DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet is effective treatment for stage 1 isolated systolic hypertensionT J Moore
Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Hypertension 38:155-8. 2001..Our results indicate that the DASH diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy foods, is effective as first-line therapy in stage 1 ISH...
- The impact of angiotensin II receptor blockade and the DASH diet on markers of endogenous fibrinolysisT P Erlinger
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Hum Hypertens 16:391-7. 2002..In contrast, the DASH diet had no significant effect on markers of fibrinolysis in whites or African-Americans...
- Effect on blood pressure of potassium, calcium, and magnesium in women with low habitual intakeF M Sacks
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Hypertension 31:131-8. 1998..This study strengthens evidence for the importance of potassium for blood pressure regulation in the general population...