Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- Preclinical study of influenza virus A M2 peptide conjugate vaccines in mice, ferrets, and rhesus monkeysJiang Fan
Department of Vaccine and Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, 770 Sumneytown Pike, P.O. Box 4, WP16-306, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Vaccine 22:2993-3003. 2004..The data presented here will permit better understanding of the potential of an M2-based vaccine approach...
- Immunogenicity and protective efficacy of Bacillus anthracis poly-gamma-D-glutamic acid capsule covalently coupled to a protein carrier using a novel triazine-based conjugation strategyJoseph Joyce
Department of Vaccine and Biologics Research, Laboratory of Science and Investigative Toxicology and Bioprocess and Bioanalytical Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Biol Chem 281:4831-43. 2006..The data suggested that for vaccine development, maintenance of the high mass of the polymer may be important...
- Affinity maturation and characterization of a human monoclonal antibody against HIV-1 gp41Donna L Montgomery
Department of Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, USA
MAbs 1:462-74. 2009....
- Staphylococcus aureus capsule type 8 antibodies provide inconsistent efficacy in murine models of staphylococcal infectionJames Cook
Merck Research Labs, Merck and Co, Inc, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Hum Vaccin 5:254-63. 2009..aureus Becker obtained from in vivo growth conditions. These results indicated that functional capsule antibodies may not be sufficient for protection from S. aureus under all in vivo conditions...
- A human monoclonal antibody neutralizes diverse HIV-1 isolates by binding a critical gp41 epitopeMichael D Miller
Department of Antiviral Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:14759-64. 2005..Our data provide a structural framework for the design of new immunogens and therapeutic antibodies with crossneutralizing potential...
- Antigen burden is major determinant of human immunodeficiency virus-specific CD8+ T cell maturation state: potential implications for therapeutic immunizationLynda G Tussey
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Infect Dis 187:364-74. 2003..Such assessments of the immune response may provide a refined measure of virus control...
- Analysis of the HIV-1 gp41 specific immune response using a multiplexed antibody detection assayDavid Opalka
Vaccine and Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, WYN-2, MRL-Wayne, 466 Devon Park Drive, Wayne, PA 19087-8630, USA
J Immunol Methods 287:49-65. 2004..These evaluations demonstrated the substantial potential of the multiplexed antibody binding and mapping assay for rapid and sensitive analysis of complex antibody responses...
- Immunochemical properties of the staphylococcal poly-N-acetylglucosamine surface polysaccharideTomas Maira-Litran
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Infect Immun 70:4433-40. 2002..These results further clarify the chemical structure of PS/A and help to differentiate it from PIA on the basis of immunogenicity, molecular size, and solubility...