Gary A Herman
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- Tolerability and pharmacokinetics of metformin and the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor sitagliptin when co-administered in patients with type 2 diabetesGary A Herman
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ 07065 0900, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:1939-47. 2006....
- Human pharmacokinetics and interconversion of enantiomers of MK-0767, a dual PPARalpha/gamma agonistRonda K Rippley
Clinical Drug Metabolism, WP75B 100, PO Box 4, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486 0004, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 47:323-33. 2007....
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of sitagliptin, an inhibitor of dipeptidyl peptidase IV, in healthy subjects: results from two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies with single oral dosesGary A Herman
Merck and Co, Whitehouse Station, NJ 07065, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 78:675-88. 2005....
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic effects of the oral DPP-4 inhibitor sitagliptin in middle-aged obese subjectsGary A Herman
Merck Research Laboratories, RY34 A536, 126 East Lincoln Avenue, Rahway, NJ 07065 0900, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 46:876-86. 2006....
- Effect of single oral doses of sitagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, on incretin and plasma glucose levels after an oral glucose tolerance test in patients with type 2 diabetesGary A Herman
Merck Research Laboratories, Experimental Medicine, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4612-9. 2006..The degree of DPP-4 inhibition and the level of active incretin augmentation required for glucose lowering efficacy after an oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) were evaluated...
- Dose-proportionality of a final market image sitagliptin formulation, an oral dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, in healthy volunteersArthur Bergman
Merck and Co Inc, Whitehouse Station, NJ 07065, USA
Biopharm Drug Dispos 28:307-13. 2007..5% pooled across doses) and renal clearance (344 ml/min pooled across doses) were not statistically significant. Sitagliptin was generally well tolerated at all the doses evaluated...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of multiple oral doses of sitagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-IV inhibitor: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study in healthy male volunteersArthur J Bergman
Merck and Co, Inc, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey 07065-0900, USA
Clin Ther 28:55-72. 2006..Multiple dosing of sitagliptin exhibited a PK/PD profile consistent with that of a QD regimen and was well tolerated...
- Metabolism and excretion of the dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitor [14C]sitagliptin in humansStella H Vincent
Merck Research Laboratories, RY 80 141, P O Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 35:533-8. 2007..CYP3A4 was the major cytochrome P450 isozyme responsible for the limited oxidative metabolism of sitagliptin, with some minor contribution from CYP2C8...
- Effect of moderate hepatic insufficiency on the pharmacokinetics of sitagliptinElizabeth M Migoya
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ, USA
Can J Clin Pharmacol 16:e165-70. 2009..Sitagliptin is primarily excreted by renal elimination as unchanged drug, with only a small percentage (approximately 16%) undergoing hepatic metabolism...
- Sitagliptin, an dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, does not alter the pharmacokinetics of the sulphonylurea, glyburide, in healthy subjectsGoutam C Mistry
Merck and Co, Inc, Whitehouse Station, NJ, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 66:36-42. 2008..Since both agents may potentially be co-administered, the purpose of this study was to examine the effects of sitagliptin on glyburide pharmacokinetics...
- Evaluation of pharmacokinetic parameters and dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibition following single doses of sitagliptin in healthy, young Japanese malesGary A Herman
Merck, Whitehouse Station, NJ Radiant Research, Honolulu, HI, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 71:429-36. 2011..The present aim was to evaluate pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamic (PD) and safety characteristics of sitagliptin following single doses in healthy, young Japanese males...
- Effect of sitagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, on blood pressure in nondiabetic patients with mild to moderate hypertensionGoutam C Mistry
Merck Research Laboratories, RY34 A400, 126 East Lincoln Avenue, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 48:592-8. 2008....
- Multiple-dose administration of sitagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, does not alter the single-dose pharmacokinetics of rosiglitazone in healthy subjectsGoutam C Mistry
Merck Research Laboratories, Mail Code RY34 A536, PO Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065 0900, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 47:159-64. 2007..98 (0.93, 1.02) and 0.99 (0.88, 1.12), respectively. In conclusion, sitagliptin did not alter the pharmacokinetics of rosiglitazone in healthy subjects...
- Effect of renal insufficiency on the pharmacokinetics of sitagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitorArthur J Bergman
Merck Research Laboratories, P.O. Box 4, WP75B-100, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Diabetes Care 30:1862-4. 2007
- A thorough QTc study to assess the effect of sitagliptin, a DPP4 inhibitor, on ventricular repolarization in healthy subjectsDaniel M Bloomfield
Merck and Company Inc, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 49:937-46. 2009..In conclusion, at clinically relevant concentrations, sitagliptin is not associated with clinically meaningful QTcf prolongation...
- Multiple doses of sitagliptin, a selective DPP-4 inhibitor, do not meaningfully alter pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of warfarinD Hamish Wright
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Merck Research Laboratories, 126 East Lincoln Avenue, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 49:1157-67. 2009....
- Single-dose effects of isosorbide mononitrate alone or in combination with losartan on central blood pressureRhonda Kaufman
Department of Experimental Medicine, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp, Rahway, New Jersey 07065 0900, USA
J Am Soc Hypertens 4:311-8. 2010..Differences from placebo were statistically significant except for losartan 100 mg. AIx is a good biomarker of acute hemodynamic effects of nitric oxide in prehypertensive/Stage 1 hypertension...
- The acyclic CB1R inverse agonist taranabant mediates weight loss by increasing energy expenditure and decreasing caloric intakeCarol Addy
Merck Research Laboratories, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Metab 7:68-78. 2008..Mechanism-of-action studies suggest that engagement of the CB1R by taranabant leads to weight loss by reducing food intake and increasing energy expenditure and fat oxidation...
- Once-daily sitagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, for the treatment of patients with type 2 diabetesMarkolf Hanefeld
GWT Technical University, Dresden, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1329-39. 2007..Additionally, the glycemic response to sitagliptin 100 mg daily was evaluated as a once-daily (100 mg once-daily) or twice-daily (50 mg twice-daily) dosing regimen...