Gilbert W Gleim
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group trial of the antihypertensive efficacy and tolerability of a combination of once-daily losartan 100 mg/hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg compared with losartan 100-mg monotherapy in the treatment of mild tGilbert W Gleim
Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, Inc, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Ther 28:1639-48. 2006..Because patients with hypertension may require >1 antihypertensive agent to control blood pressure (BP), physicians often prescribe a fixed combination of antihypertensive medications...
- The JNC 7 approach compared to conventional treatment in diabetic patients with hypertension: a double-blind trial of initial monotherapy vs. combination therapyJonathan C Fox
Merck Research Laboratories, BLX 21, P O Box 4, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 6:437-42; quiz 443-4. 2004..The use of two medications will achieve goal BP in more patients than monotherapy. This observation is important in treatment of high-risk patients with diabetes...
- Importance of baseline distribution of proteinuria in renal outcomes trials: lessons from the reduction of endpoints in NIDDM with the angiotensin II antagonist losartan (RENAAL) studyZhongxin Zhang
Merck and Co, Inc, P O Box 4, BL 3 4, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:1775-80. 2005....
- Fixed-dose combinations in the management of hypertension: defining the place of angiotensin receptor antagonists and hydrochlorothiazideSverre E Kjeldsen
Department of Cardiology, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 5:17-22. 2005..Fixed combination ARB/hydrochlorothiazide agents make sense as initial therapy for patients in whom BP is >20/10 mm Hg above goal...
- Albuminuria is a target for renoprotective therapy independent from blood pressure in patients with type 2 diabetic nephropathy: post hoc analysis from the Reduction of Endpoints in NIDDM with the Angiotensin II Antagonist Losartan (RENAAL) trialWouter B A Eijkelkamp
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1540-6. 2007..Antihypertensive treatment that is aimed at improving renal outcomes in patients with diabetic nephropathy may therefore require a dual strategy, targeting both SBP and albuminuria reduction...
- Effects of losartan on diabetic maculopathy in type 2 diabetic patientsGilbert W Gleim
J Intern Med 255:304-5; author reply 306-7. 2004
- The impact of morbid events on survival following hospitalization for complicated myocardial infarctionKenneth Dickstein
University of Bergen, Cardiology Division, Stavanger University Hospital, 4011, Stavanger, Norway
Eur J Heart Fail 8:74-80. 2006..Little is known about the importance of morbid events with respect to longer term survival following MI hospital discharge...