Gregory P Geba
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- Efficacy of rofecoxib, celecoxib, and acetaminophen in osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized trialGregory P Geba
Merck and Co Inc, US Human Health, PO Box 4, West Point, PA 19486 0004, USA
JAMA 287:64-71. 2002..Osteoarthritis (OA) is often treated with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), acetaminophen, or specific inhibitors of cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2)...
- Pain management in osteoarthritis: a focus on onset of efficacy--a comparison of rofecoxib, celecoxib, acetaminophen, and nabumetone across four clinical trialsWendy P Battisti
Merck and Co, Inc, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Pain 5:511-20. 2004..5 mg (P = .01) compared with nabumetone. Rofecoxib treatment, with its faster onset of OA efficacy and lower rates of related discontinuations, might provide efficacy advantages in the treatment of OA pain...
- The analgesic efficacy of etoricoxib compared with oxycodone/acetaminophen in an acute postoperative pain model: a randomized, double-blind clinical trialDavid J Chang
Merck and Co Inc, West Point, PA, USA
Anesth Analg 99:807-15, table of contents. 2004..In conclusion, etoricoxib 120 mg provided superior overall efficacy compared with oxycodone/acetaminophen 10/650 mg and was associated with significantly fewer AEs...
- Comparison of rofecoxib and a multidose oxycodone/ acetaminophen regimen for the treatment of acute pain following oral surgery: a randomized controlled trialDavid J Chang
Merck and Co, Inc, West Point, PA 19486 0004, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 20:939-49. 2004..Onset of analgesic effect, peak analgesic single dose of oxycodone/acetaminophen. effect, and duration of analgesic effect were also evaluated. Adverse experiences were recorded...
- Comparison of the analgesic efficacy of rofecoxib and enteric-coated diclofenac sodium in the treatment of postoperative dental pain: a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trialDavid J Chang
Merck and Co, Inc, West Point, Pennsylvania, 19486 0004, USA
Clin Ther 24:490-503. 2002....
- Treatment of patients with osteoarthritis with rofecoxib compared with nabumetoneArthur L Weaver
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 12:17-25. 2006..Rofecoxib and nabumetone were developed to provide gastrointestinal benefits over traditional nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). However, there is limited comparative information relating to these 2 drugs...
- Efficacy of rofecoxib, celecoxib, and acetaminophen in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee. A combined analysis of the VACT studiesThomas J Schnitzer
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Rheumatol 32:1093-105. 2005..5 mg (n=259), or rofecoxib 25 mg (n=527) in a double blind trial [Vioxx, Acetaminophen, Celecoxib Trial (VACT2)]. Results were also pooled with the similarly designed VACT1 trial...
- The time to onset and overall analgesic efficacy of rofecoxib 50 mg: a meta-analysis of 13 randomized clinical trialsPaul J Desjardins
SCIREX Corporation, Austin, TX, USA
Clin J Pain 21:241-50. 2005..To determine the time to onset of analgesia of rofecoxib based on a patient-level meta-analysis of randomized, placebo-controlled, postoperative oral surgery pain studies...
- Treatment of chronic low back pain with etoricoxib, a new cyclo-oxygenase-2 selective inhibitor: improvement in pain and disability--a randomized, placebo-controlled, 3-month trialCharles A Birbara
University of Massachusetts School of Medicine, Worcester, MA, USA
J Pain 4:307-15. 2003..Etoricoxib given once daily provided significant relief of symptoms, and disability associated with chronic LBP that was observed 1 week after initiating therapy, was maximal at 4 weeks, and was maintained over 3 months...
- Gastrointestinal tolerability and effectiveness of rofecoxib versus naproxen in the treatment of osteoarthritis: a randomized, controlled trialJeffrey R Lisse
University of Arizona, Tuscon, USA
Ann Intern Med 139:539-46. 2003..Unlike NSAIDs, rofecoxib targets only the COX-2 isoform...
- Efficacy and safety of rofecoxib 12.5 mg versus nabumetone 1,000 mg in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled trialAlan J Kivitz
Altoona Center for Clinical Research, Duncansville, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:666-74. 2004..To evaluate the use of starting doses of rofecoxib and nabumetone in patients with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee...
- Efficacy and safety profile of treatment with etoricoxib 120 mg once daily compared with indomethacin 50 mg three times daily in acute gout: a randomized controlled trialBernard R Rubin
University of North Texas, Fort Worth, TX, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:598-606. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of etoricoxib and indomethacin in the treatment of patients with acute gout...
- Cyclooxygenase 2 activity modulates the severity of murine Lyme arthritisJuan Anguita
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 34:187-91. 2002..burgdorferi-specific antibody or cytokine responses. Cox-2 activity is therefore associated with the genesis of infectious arthritis caused by B. burgdorferi...
- Effect of omalizumab on the need for rescue systemic corticosteroid treatment in patients with moderate-to-severe persistent IgE-mediated allergic asthma: a pooled analysisWilliam W Busse
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2379-86. 2007..We investigated the effect of omalizumab on asthma outcomes in a retrospective pooled analysis of data from phase III clinical trials in patients (>or= 12 years) with moderate-to-severe persistent IgE-mediated allergic asthma...
- Response of older patients with IgE-mediated asthma to omalizumab: a pooled analysisRobert J Maykut
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, US Clinical Development and Medical Affairs, East Hanover, New Jersey 07936, USA
J Asthma 45:173-81. 2008....