Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- Electro-gene-transfer: a new approach for muscle gene deliveryElena Fattori
Dipartimento di Biologia Molecolare e Cellulare, Instituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare, I.R.B.M.-P. Angeletti, Via Pontina Km 30, 600-00040 Pomezia, Roma, Italia
Somat Cell Mol Genet 27:75-83. 2002..We also summarize the results obtained with electro-gene-transfer in animal models to date and the technical issues that must be solved before its use for human therapy can be considered...
- ErbB2 genetic cancer vaccine in nonhuman primates: relevance of single nucleotide polymorphismsElena Fattori
Istituto di Ricerca di Biologia Molecolare, Via Pontina, Pomezia, Italy
Hum Gene Ther 20:253-65. 2009..Our findings are particularly relevant in the investigation of the impact of TAA polymorphisms on the efficacy of a cancer vaccine strategy...
- Gene electro-transfer of an improved erythropoietin plasmid in mice and non-human primatesElena Fattori
Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare IRBM, Via Pontina Km 30 600, 00040 Pomezia Rome, Italy
J Gene Med 7:228-36. 2005..Transduction can be improved in several animal models by application of electric pulses after DNA injection...
- Efficient immunization of rhesus macaques with an HCV candidate vaccine by heterologous priming-boosting with novel adenoviral vectors based on different serotypesE Fattori
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biololgy, Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P Angeletti, Pomezia, Rome, Italy
Gene Ther 13:1088-96. 2006..The induced responses are broad and show significant cross-strain reactivity. Boosting can be delayed for over 2 years after priming, indicating that there is long-term maintenance of resting memory cells...
- Modulation of the immune response induced by gene electrotransfer of a hepatitis C virus DNA vaccine in nonhuman primatesStefania Capone
Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare, P. Angeletti, Rome, Italy
J Immunol 177:7462-71. 2006..These data support the hypothesis that T cell responses elicited by the present strategy could be beneficial in prophylactic vaccine approaches against HCV...
- Synergistic effect of gene-electro transfer and adjuvant cytokines in increasing the potency of hepatitis C virus genetic vaccinationMirko Arcuri
Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P Angeletti IRBM, Pomezia, Rome, Italy
J Gene Med 10:1048-54. 2008..This technology has been used to increase the production of therapeutic proteins, such as cytokines and growth factors, and to improve immunization efficiency following the injection of antigen-encoding plasmids...
- A T-cell HCV vaccine eliciting effective immunity against heterologous virus challenge in chimpanzeesAntonella Folgori
Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P. Angeletti, via Pontina km30, 600, 00040 Pomezia, Rome, Italy
Nat Med 12:190-7. 2006....
- Immunization against proprotein convertase subtilisin-like/kexin type 9 lowers plasma LDL-cholesterol levels in miceElena Fattori
Biotechnology Department, Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P Angeletti, I 00040 Pomezia Roma, Italy
J Lipid Res 53:1654-61. 2012..Our data support the IKD approach as an effective method to the rapid validation of new target proteins...
- In vivo DNA gene electro-transfer: a systematic analysis of different electrical parametersImmacolata Zampaglione
Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare (IRBM, Via Pontina Km 30.600, 00040 Pomezia (Rome, Italy
J Gene Med 7:1475-81. 2005..RESULTS: Having defined the best performing parameters, we have designed a short electric treatment that gives good levels of plasmid-encoded protein in different species such as mice, rabbits and monkeys...
- Gene electro-transfer improves transduction by modifying the fate of intramuscular DNAManuela Cappelletti
Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P. Angeletti, 00040 Pomezia (Rome, Italy
J Gene Med 5:324-32. 2003....
- Construction of an rtTA2(s)-m2/tts(kid)-based transcription regulatory switch that displays no basal activity, good inducibility, and high responsiveness to doxycycline in mice and non-human primatesStefania Lamartina
IRBM-P. Angeletti, Via Pontina Km. 30, 600, 00040 Pomezia (Rome, Italy
Mol Ther 7:271-80. 2003..Tight regulation of the gene encoding SEAP was demonstrated also in non-human primates. Notably, the system was induced in animals by Dox-dosing regimens comparable to those used in humans...
- Hyaluronidase increases electrogene transfer efficiency in skeletal muscleCarmela Mennuni
Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P. Angeletti, 00040 Pomezia, Italy
Hum Gene Ther 13:355-65. 2002..HYAse is used in a variety of clinical applications, and thus the combination of HYAse pretreatment and muscle EGT may constitute an efficient gene transfer method to achieve therapeutic levels of gene expression...