S P Curtis
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- A multinational randomized, controlled, clinical trial of etoricoxib in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis [ISRCTN25142273]Eduardo Collantes
Hospital Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
BMC Fam Pract 3:10. 2002..Etoricoxib is a highly selective COX-2 inhibitor which was evaluated for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Single dose methodology to assess the influence of an alpha1-adrenoceptor antagonist on uroflowmetric parameters in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasiaS P Curtis
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Merck and Co, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 49:269-73. 2000..This methodology could then be applied to screening new drugs to treat BPH...
- Etoricoxib in the treatment of osteoarthritis over 52-weeks: a double-blind, active-comparator controlled trial [NCT00242489]Sean P Curtis
Merck and Co, Inc, Rahway, NJ, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 6:58. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the long-term efficacy and tolerability of etoricoxib, a COX-2 selective inhibitor, in osteoarthritis (OA) patients...
- Renal effects of etoricoxib and comparator nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in controlled clinical trialsSean P Curtis
Department of Clinical Research, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
Clin Ther 26:70-83. 2004....
- Cardiovascular outcomes with etoricoxib and diclofenac in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in the Multinational Etoricoxib and Diclofenac Arthritis Long-term (MEDAL) programme: a randomised comparisonChristopher P Cannon
Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lancet 368:1771-81. 2006..The MEDAL programme was designed to provide a precise estimate of thrombotic cardiovascular events with the COX-2 selective inhibitor etoricoxib versus the traditional NSAID diclofenac...
- The incidence of upper gastrointestinal adverse events in clinical trials of etoricoxib vs. non-selective NSAIDs: an updated combined analysisDena R Ramey
Epidemiology, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 21:715-22. 2005....
- Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of etoricoxib in the treatment of hemophilic arthropathyChristos Tsoukas
McGill University Health Centre, Montreal General Hospital, 1650 Cedar Ave, Rm A5 140, Montreal, QC H3G 1A4, Canada
Blood 107:1785-90. 2006..6%) and during part 2 between etoricoxib (77.0%) and rofecoxib (78.9%). We conclude that etoricoxib provided superior efficacy versus placebo for the treatment of hemophilic arthropathy and was generally safe and well tolerated...
- Clinical trial design and patient demographics of the Multinational Etoricoxib and Diclofenac Arthritis Long-term (MEDAL) study program: cardiovascular outcomes with etoricoxib versus diclofenac in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritisChristopher P Cannon
The TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am Heart J 152:237-45. 2006..The MEDAL program will help to better define the risk-to-benefit ratio of 2 NSAIDs, that differ in their selectivity for COX-2, notably diclofenac and etoricoxib...
- Gastrointestinal side effects of etoricoxib in patients with osteoarthritis: results of the Etoricoxib versus Diclofenac Sodium Gastrointestinal Tolerability and Effectiveness (EDGE) trialHerbert S B Baraf
Center for Rheumatology and Bone Research, Wheaton, Maryland 20902, USA
J Rheumatol 34:408-20. 2007..To compare the gastrointestinal (GI) tolerability, safety, and efficacy of etoricoxib and diclofenac in patients with osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Pooled analysis of thrombotic cardiovascular events in clinical trials of the COX-2 selective Inhibitor etoricoxibSean P Curtis
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:2365-74. 2006..A trend toward more events with etoricoxib versus naproxen was observed. Despite the limited dataset available for this pooled analysis, these results are consistent with findings for other coxibs...
- Assessment of upper gastrointestinal safety of etoricoxib and diclofenac in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in the Multinational Etoricoxib and Diclofenac Arthritis Long-term (MEDAL) programme: a randomised comparisonLoren Laine
Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Lancet 369:465-73. 2007..Our aim was to assess the effects of these drugs on gastrointestinal outcomes in a population that includes patients taking gastrointestinal protective therapy...
- The effects of modifying in vivo cytochrome P450 3A (CYP3A) activity on etoricoxib pharmacokinetics and of etoricoxib administration on CYP3A activityNancy G B Agrawal
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 44:1125-31. 2004..Etoricoxib had no effect on hepatic CYP3A activity, as assessed by the erythromycin breath test...
- Etoricoxib versus naproxen in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a prospective, randomized, comparator-controlled 121-week trialAlan Matsumoto
Arthritis and Rheumatism Associates, Wheaton, MD, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2259-68. 2007..The present two-part extension of that study was performed to monitor tolerability and examine long-term efficacy of etoricoxib 90 mg or 120 mg compared with naproxen...