- Protective ileostomy: complications and mortality associated with its closureMonica Mengual-Ballester
Department of General Surgery and Digestive Diseases, School of Medicine, Universidad de Murcia, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 104:350-4. 2012..However, they may have various complications, among which are those associated with the subsequent stoma closure. The present study analyses our experience in a series of patients undergoing closure of loop ileostomies...
- Gastrointestinal bleeding and bowel obstruction as a presentation of Bouveret syndromeMonica Mengual-Ballester
Servicio de Cirugia General y del Aparato Digestivo, Hospital General Universitario Morales Meseguer, Murcia, Spain
Cir Cir 79:557-9. 2011..Bouveret syndrome is a rare entity consisting of duodenal obstruction due to a gallstone from the gallbladder...
- Evaluation of a clinical pathway to improve colorectal cancer outcomesVictor Soria-Aledo
University Hospital Morales Meseguer, Murcia, Spain
Am J Med Qual 26:396-404. 2011..2 ± 3.6 in group I versus 7.7 ± 1.7 in group II, P = .031). The CP for CRC did not achieve most of the objectives for which it was designed...
- [Complications and level of satisfaction after dermolipectomy and abdominoplasty post-bariatric surgery]María Luisa García-García
Servicio de Cirugia General y del Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Universitario Morales Meseguer, Murcia, España Electronic address
Cir Esp 92:254-60. 2014..The purpose of this study is to identify predictors of complications in order to optimize outcomes in these patients and find a relationship between complication rate and satisfaction...
- Repair of complex incisional hernias using double prosthetic repair: single-surgeon experience with 50 casesAlfredo Moreno-Egea
Abdominal Wall Unit, Department of Surgery, Morales Meseguer University Hospital, Murcia, Spain
Surgery 148:140-4. 2010..The treatment of complex incisional hernias is still difficult and controversial. With technologic developments we can modify and update the operative techniques described for treating complex abdominal wall hernias...
- [Improvement in the quality of life of faecal incontinent patients after sacral root stimulation treatment]Victor Soria-Aledo
Unidad de Coloproctologia, Servicio de Cirugia General y del Aparato Digestivo, Hospital General Universitario Morales Meseguer, Murcia, Spain
Cir Esp 89:581-7. 2011..The aim of this study is to check whether there is an improvement in the quality of life, using EuroQuol (EQ-5D), in patients with faecal incontinence treated with sacral root neuromodulation...
- Single-port Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery: A Developing TechniqueGraciela Valero-Navarro
Department of Surgery, Morales Meseguer University Hospital, Murcia, Spain
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 24:e143-5. 2014..However, the cost of surgical anoscopes is not available in all centers. Many authors have described transanal resection of rectal tumors through a single laparoscopy port such as the SILS system...