William D Travis
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Travis W, Garg K, Franklin W, Wistuba I, Sabloff B, Noguchi M, et al. Evolving concepts in the pathology and computed tomography imaging of lung adenocarcinoma and bronchioloalveolar carcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2005;23:3279-87 pubmed..Hopefully, this work will allow definition of a category of adenocarcinoma, mixed subtype with predominant BAC/minimal invasion and a favorable prognosis. ..
- Travis W. Reporting lung cancer pathology specimens. Impact of the anticipated 7th Edition TNM classification based on recommendations of the IASLC Staging Committee. Histopathology. 2009;54:3-11 pubmed publisher..TNM staging of carcinoid tumours and small cell carcinoma is also discussed. ..
- Galateau Salle F, Churg A, Roggli V, Travis W. The 2015 World Health Organization Classification of Tumors of the Pleura: Advances since the 2004 Classification. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:142-54 pubmed publisher..Finally, desmoid type fibromatosis, a locally aggressive tumor that can present in the pleura, has been shown to frequently have CTNNB1 gene mutations and express β-catenin by immunohistochemistry. ..
- Travis W, Asamura H, Bankier A, Beasley M, Detterbeck F, Flieder D, et al. The IASLC Lung Cancer Staging Project: Proposals for Coding T Categories for Subsolid Nodules and Assessment of Tumor Size in Part-Solid Tumors in the Forthcoming Eighth Edition of the TNM Classification of Lung Cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:1204-1223 pubmed publisher
- Schilsky J, Ni A, Ahn L, Datta S, Travis W, Kris M, et al. Prognostic impact of TTF-1 expression in patients with stage IV lung adenocarcinomas. Lung Cancer. 2017;108:205-211 pubmed publisher..In patients with advanced lung adenocarcinomas, TTF-1 expression is associated with better survival but is not predictive of distinct benefit from pemetrexed-based chemotherapy. ..
- Lu S, Tan K, Kadota K, Eguchi T, Bains S, Rekhtman N, et al. Spread through Air Spaces (STAS) Is an Independent Predictor of Recurrence and Lung Cancer-Specific Death in Squamous Cell Carcinoma. J Thorac Oncol. 2017;12:223-234 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that STAS is one of the most prognostically significant histologic findings in lung SCC. ..