Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Cerebellum morphogenesis: the foliation pattern is orchestrated by multi-cellular anchoring centersAnamaria Sudarov
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neural Dev 2:26. 2007..Since folia in mammals likely serve as a broad platform on which the anterior-posterior organization of the sensory-motor circuits of the cerebellum are built, it is important to understand how such complex morphology arises...
- Ascl1 genetics reveals insights into cerebellum local circuit assemblyAnamaria Sudarov
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Neurosci 31:11055-69. 2011..By fate mapping vz-derived cells in Ascl1 mutants, we further discovered that Ascl1 plays a specific role during the time period when Pcs are generated in restricting vz progenitors from becoming rhombic lip progenitors...
- The Engrailed homeobox genes determine the different foliation patterns in the vermis and hemispheres of the mammalian cerebellumYulan Cheng
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10065, USA
Development 137:519-29. 2010..Thus, the En genes represent a new class of genes that are fundamental to patterning cerebellum foliation throughout the mediolateral axis and that act late in development...
- Morphological and functional midbrain phenotypes in Fibroblast Growth Factor 17 mutant mice detected by Mn-enhanced MRIXin Yu
Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine at the Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Neuroimage 56:1251-8. 2011..These results demonstrate that Fgf17 plays important roles in both the anatomical and functional development of the auditory midbrain, and show the utility of MEMRI for in vivo analyses of mutant mice with subtle brain defects...
- Lis1 controls dynamics of neuronal filopodia and spines to impact synaptogenesis and social behaviourAnamaria Sudarov
Brain and Mind Research Institute, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, USA
EMBO Mol Med 5:591-607. 2013..Thus, LIS1 plays prominently in dendritic filopodia dynamics and spine turnover implicating reduced dendritic spine plasticity as contributing to developmental autistic-like behaviour...