Lisa M Sclafani
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Training a new generation of breast surgeons: are we succeeding?Lisa M Sclafani
Breast Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 19:1856-61. 2012..Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO)-approved fellowships in Breast Oncology began training fellows in 2004. Here we ascertain methods of evaluating and improving the fellowship experience through fellowship alumni experience...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy and axillary dissection: added morbidity of the arm, shoulder and chest wall after mastectomy and reconstructionLisa M Sclafani
Department of Surgery, Breast Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Cornell University Medical College, New York 10065, USA
Cancer J 14:216-22. 2008..The incidence and etiology of these complications are investigated as are the risk factors, and methods of prevention and treatment. Recommendations for avoiding these morbidities for postoperative rehabilitation are discussed...
- Influence of frozen-section analysis of sentinel lymph node and lumpectomy margin status on reoperation rates in patients undergoing breast-conservation therapySarah A McLaughlin
Department of Breast Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Am Coll Surg 206:76-82. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine if eliminating FS would change reoperation rates in BCT patients...
- Is pleomorphic lobular carcinoma really a distinct clinical entity?Claire L Buchanan
Department of Surgery, Swedish Cancer Institute, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Surg Oncol 98:314-7. 2008..We describe our experience with PLC as compared to classic ILC and invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC)...
- Locoregional recurrence after mastectomy: incidence and outcomesClaire L Buchanan
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Am Coll Surg 203:469-74. 2006..We sought to evaluate the rate of LRR at a single institution in the era of multimodality therapy, identify predictors for isolated LRR, and examine treatment strategies and outcomes of postmastectomy patients with isolated LRR...
- Axillary dissection can be avoided in the majority of clinically node-negative patients undergoing breast-conserving therapyLynn T Dengel
Breast Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 21:22-7. 2014..We prospectively assessed how often axillary dissection (ALND) was avoided in an unselected, consecutive patient cohort meeting Z0011 eligibility criteria and whether subgroups requiring ALND could be identified preoperatively...
- Can sentinel lymph node biopsy be omitted in patients with favorable breast cancer histology?Jane E Mendez
Department of Surgery, Breast Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, MRI 1026, New York, New York 10021, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 12:24-8. 2005..We undertook this study to determine whether SLNB could be omitted in clinically node-negative patients with favorable-histology breast cancer...