Howard I Scher
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Scher H, Graf R, Schreiber N, McLaughlin B, Lu D, Louw J, et al. Nuclear-specific AR-V7 Protein Localization is Necessary to Guide Treatment Selection in Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer. Eur Urol. 2017;71:874-882 pubmed publisher....
- Danila D, Morris M, de Bono J, Ryan C, Denmeade S, Smith M, et al. Phase II multicenter study of abiraterone acetate plus prednisone therapy in patients with docetaxel-treated castration-resistant prostate cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:1496-501 pubmed publisher..The incidence of mineralocorticoid-related toxicities (hypertension or hypokalemia) was reduced by adding low-dose prednisone. The combination of AA plus prednisone is recommended for phase III investigations. ..
- Scher H, Beer T, Higano C, Anand A, Taplin M, Efstathiou E, et al. Antitumour activity of MDV3100 in castration-resistant prostate cancer: a phase 1-2 study. Lancet. 2010;375:1437-46 pubmed publisher..Medivation, the Prostate Cancer Foundation, National Cancer Institute, the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, and Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Consortium. ..
- Scher H, Jia X, Chi K, de Wit R, Berry W, Albers P, et al. Randomized, open-label phase III trial of docetaxel plus high-dose calcitriol versus docetaxel plus prednisone for patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:2191-8 pubmed publisher..This difference might be due to either weekly docetaxel dosing, which, in a prior study, showed a trend toward inferior survival compared with an every-3-weeks regimen, or DN-101 therapy. ..
- Scher H, Morris M, Basch E, Heller G. End points and outcomes in castration-resistant prostate cancer: from clinical trials to clinical practice. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:3695-704 pubmed publisher..We also discuss circulating tumor cells measured with the CellSearch assay, recently cleared by the FDA for monitoring CRPC. ..
- Scher H, Fizazi K, Saad F, Taplin M, Sternberg C, Miller K, et al. Increased survival with enzalutamide in prostate cancer after chemotherapy. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:1187-97 pubmed..Funded by Medivation and Astellas Pharma Global Development; AFFIRM ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00974311.). ..
- Scher H, Heller G, Molina A, Attard G, Danila D, Jia X, et al. Circulating tumor cell biomarker panel as an individual-level surrogate for survival in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2015;33:1348-55 pubmed publisher..Additional trials are ongoing to validate the findings. ..
- O Shaughnessy M, McBride S, Vargas H, Touijer K, Morris M, Danila D, et al. A Pilot Study of a Multimodal Treatment Paradigm to Accelerate Drug Evaluations in Early-stage Metastatic Prostate Cancer. Urology. 2017;102:164-172 pubmed publisher....
- Milowsky M, Galsky M, Morris M, Crona D, George D, Dreicer R, et al. Phase 1/2 multiple ascending dose trial of the prostate-specific membrane antigen-targeted antibody drug conjugate MLN2704 in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Urol Oncol. 2016;34:530.e15-530.e21 pubmed publisher..MLN2704 has limited activity in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Disulfide linker lability and rapid deconjugation lead to neurotoxicity and a narrow therapeutic window. ..
- Scher H, Graf R, Schreiber N, McLaughlin B, Jendrisak A, Wang Y, et al. Phenotypic Heterogeneity of Circulating Tumor Cells Informs Clinical Decisions between AR Signaling Inhibitors and Taxanes in Metastatic Prostate Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5687-5698 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results show that quantifying CTC phenotypic heterogeneity can help inform the choice between ARSI and taxanes in mCRPC patients. Cancer Res; 77(20); 5687-98. ©2017 AACR. ..