Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Weigelt B, Eberle C, Cowell C, Ng C, Reis Filho J. Metaplastic breast carcinoma: more than a special type. Nat Rev Cancer. 2014;14:147-8 pubmed publisher..MBC is a descriptive and operational term for a heterogeneous collection of tumours with distinct histologies, clinical behaviours and potentially responses to therapy. ..
- Sakr R, Schizas M, Carniello J, Ng C, Piscuoglio S, Giri D, et al. Targeted capture massively parallel sequencing analysis of LCIS and invasive lobular cancer: Repertoire of somatic genetic alterations and clonal relationships. Mol Oncol. 2016;10:360-70 pubmed publisher..The presence of identical mutations between LCIS-LCIS and LCIS-ILC pairs demonstrates that LCIS is a clonal neoplastic lesion, and provides additional evidence that at least some LCIS are non-obligate precursors of ILC. ..
- Piscuoglio S, Ng C, Murray M, Guerini Rocco E, Martelotto L, Geyer F, et al. The Genomic Landscape of Male Breast Cancers. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:4045-56 pubmed publisher..Given the genomic differences, caution may be needed in the application of biologic and therapeutic findings from studies of female breast cancers to male breast cancers. Clin Cancer Res; 22(16); 4045-56. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- de Mattos Arruda L, Weigelt B, Cortes J, Won H, Ng C, Nuciforo P, et al. Capturing intra-tumor genetic heterogeneity by de novo mutation profiling of circulating cell-free tumor DNA: a proof-of-principle. Ann Oncol. 2014;25:1729-35 pubmed publisher..www.clinicaltrials.gov, NCT01090960. ..
- Riaz N, Blecua P, Lim R, Shen R, Higginson D, Weinhold N, et al. Pan-cancer analysis of bi-allelic alterations in homologous recombination DNA repair genes. Nat Commun. 2017;8:857 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors show that mutually exclusive bi-allelic inactivation of HR genes are present in other cancer types and associated with genomic features of HR deficiency, expanding the potential use of HR-directed therapies. ..