Genomes and Genes
Debora S Marks
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- The microRNA.org resource: targets and expressionDoron Betel
Computational and Systems Biology Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 36:D149-53. 2008..The web resource provides users with functional information about the growing number of microRNAs and their interaction with target genes in many species and facilitates novel discoveries in microRNA gene regulation...
- Prediction of human microRNA targetsBino John
Computational Biology Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Methods Mol Biol 342:101-13. 2006..Anticipating their impact on genome-wide discovery of miRNA targets, we describe the various computational tools and web-based resources available to predict miRNA targets...
- Human MicroRNA targetsBino John
Computational Biology Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
PLoS Biol 2:e363. 2004..microrna.org. Our analysis suggests that miRNA genes, which are about 1% of all human genes, regulate protein production for 10% or more of all human genes...
- Antisense-mediated depletion reveals essential and specific functions of microRNAs in Drosophila developmentDan Leaman
Laboratory of Developmental Neurogenetics, Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell 121:1097-108. 2005..Our findings demonstrate that microRNAs act as specific and essential regulators in a wide range of developmental processes...
- Transfection of small RNAs globally perturbs gene regulation by endogenous microRNAsAly A Khan
Department of Computer Science, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Biotechnol 27:549-55. 2009..The competition and saturation effects have practical implications for miRNA target prediction, the design of siRNA and short hairpin RNA (shRNA) genomic screens and siRNA therapeutics...
- Target mRNA abundance dilutes microRNA and siRNA activityAaron Arvey
Computational Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Mol Syst Biol 6:363. 2010..Our results are important for understanding microRNA regulation and may also have implications for siRNA design and small RNA therapeutics...
- The developmental miRNA profiles of zebrafish as determined by small RNA cloningPo Yu Chen
Laboratory of RNA Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genes Dev 19:1288-93. 2005..Computational predictions of zebrafish miRNA targets are provided that take into account the depth of evolutionary conservation. Besides miRNAs, we identified a prominent class of repeat-associated small interfering RNAs (rasiRNAs)...
- Computational analysis of mouse piRNA sequence and biogenesisDoron Betel
Computational and Systems Biology Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 3:e222. 2007....
- MicroRNA targets in DrosophilaAnton J Enright
Computational Biology Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Genome Biol 5:R1. 2003..Application to the D. melanogaster, Drosophila pseudoobscura and Anopheles gambiae genomes identifies several hundred target genes potentially regulated by one or more known miRNAs...
- Off-target effects dominate a large-scale RNAi screen for modulators of the TGF-β pathway and reveal microRNA regulation of TGFBR2Nikolaus Schultz
Computational Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Silence 2:3. 2011..The TGF-β pathway is integral to mammalian cell proliferation and survival, and aberrant TGF-β responses have been strongly implicated in cancer...