Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- KAVALER J, Duan H, Aradhya R, de Navas L, Joseph B, Shklyar B, et al. miRNA suppression of a Notch repressor directs non-neuronal fate in Drosophila mechanosensory organs. J Cell Biol. 2018;217:571-583 pubmed publisher..Thus, proper assembly of multicellular mechanosensory organs requires a double-negative circuit involving miRNA-mediated suppression of a Notch repressor to assign non-neuronal cell fate. ..
- Wen J, Duan H, Bejarano F, Okamura K, Fabian L, Brill J, et al. Adaptive regulation of testis gene expression and control of male fertility by the Drosophila hairpin RNA pathway. [Corrected]. Mol Cell. 2015;57:165-78 pubmed publisher..Finally, the collected hpRNA loci chronicle an evolutionary timeline that reflects their origins from prospective target genes, mirroring a strategy described for plant miRNAs. ..
- Dai Q, Ren A, Westholm J, Duan H, Patel D, Lai E. Common and distinct DNA-binding and regulatory activities of the BEN-solo transcription factor family. Genes Dev. 2015;29:48-62 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data define an array of common and distinct biochemical and functional properties of this new family of transcription factors. ..
- Bortolamiol Becet D, Hu F, Jee D, Wen J, Okamura K, Lin C, et al. Selective Suppression of the Splicing-Mediated MicroRNA Pathway by the Terminal Uridyltransferase Tailor. Mol Cell. 2015;59:217-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tailor activity may have had collateral impact on shaping populations of canonical miRNAs. ..
- Garaulet D, Sun K, Li W, Wen J, Panzarino A, O Neil J, et al. miR-124 Regulates Diverse Aspects of Rhythmic Behavior in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2016;36:3414-21 pubmed publisher..In summary,Drosophila mir-124 mutants reveal post-transcriptional control of circadian activities, and impact of BMP signaling in behavioral output. ..
- Sanfilippo P, Smibert P, Duan H, Lai E. Neural specificity of the RNA-binding protein Elav is achieved by post-transcriptional repression in non-neural tissues. Development. 2016;143:4474-4485 pubmed..Altogether, we define unexpected post-transcriptional mechanisms that direct appropriate cell type-specific expression of a conserved neural RBP. ..
- Sanfilippo P, Wen J, Lai E. Landscape and evolution of tissue-specific alternative polyadenylation across Drosophila species. Genome Biol. 2017;18:229 pubmed publisher..These data provide a critical resource for the Drosophila community and offer many insights into the complex control of alternative tissue-specific 3' UTR formation and its consequences for post-transcriptional regulatory networks. ..
- Jee D, Yang J, Park S, Farmer D, Wen J, Chou T, et al. Dual Strategies for Argonaute2-Mediated Biogenesis of Erythroid miRNAs Underlie Conserved Requirements for Slicing in Mammals. Mol Cell. 2018;69:265-278.e6 pubmed publisher..Overall, the mammalian hematopoietic system has evolved multiple conserved requirements for Slicer-dependent miRNA biogenesis. ..