Genomes and Genes
Cyrus V Hedvat
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Myeloid ELF1-like factor is a potent activator of interleukin-8 expression in hematopoietic cellsCyrus V Hedvat
Laboratory of Molecular Aspects of Hematopoiesis, Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 279:6395-400. 2004..MEF overexpression is sufficient to induce IL-8 protein expression, and reduction in MEF expression (using RNA interference) results in decreased IL-8 levels. These data demonstrates that MEF is an important regulator of IL-8 expression...
- Digital microscopy: past, present, and futureCyrus V Hedvat
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:1666-70. 2010....
- Expression of p63 in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaCyrus V Hedvat
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 13:237-42. 2005..Even though in univariate analysis p63 expression did not correlate with overall survival, the association of p63 with increased proliferative index suggests its involvement in DLBCL tumor progression...
- The ETS protein MEF is regulated by phosphorylation-dependent proteolysis via the protein-ubiquitin ligase SCFSkp2Yan Liu
Division of Hematologic Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, Box 575, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:3114-23. 2006..The tight regulation of MEF levels during the cell cycle contributes to its effects on regulating cell cycle entry and cell proliferation...
- Insights into extramedullary tumour cell growth revealed by expression profiling of human plasmacytomas and multiple myelomaCyrus V Hedvat
Laboratory of Molecular Aspects of Hematopoiesis, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY, USA
Br J Haematol 122:728-44. 2003..Defining how malignant plasma cell growth is regulated in the bone marrow versus at extramedullary sites will help to delineate the mechanisms underlying the dependence of tumour cell growth on angiogenesis and cell adhesion...
- Patterns of expression of cell cycle/apoptosis genes along the spectrum of thyroid carcinoma progressionBenjamin Saltman
Department of Otolaryngology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10021, USA
Surgery 140:899-905; discussion 905-6. 2006..The aim of this study is to determine to what extent cell cycle/apoptosis regulators contribute to cancer progression...
- Wilms Tumor Gene (WT1) and p53 expression in endometrial carcinomas: a study of 130 cases using a tissue microarrayJakob Dupont
Developmental Chemotherapy Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gynecol Oncol 94:449-55. 2004..We studied a large number of endometrial carcinomas to determine the range of tumors that express WT1; this could have prognostic and therapeutic significance...
- Expression of cancer-testis antigens in endometrial carcinomas using a tissue microarrayDhananjay A Chitale
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mod Pathol 18:119-26. 2005..CT antigens CT7, MAGE-A3 and MAGE-A4, but not NY-ESO-1, are expressed in high-grade endometrial carcinomas, and expression of MAGE-A4 is correlated with the presence of overexpressed p53...
- Tissue microarray molecular profiling of early, node-negative adenocarcinoma of the rectum: a comprehensive analysisAxel Hoos
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:3841-9. 2002..However, down-regulation of p27 appears to be associated with a trend toward reduced DFS and DSS, which suggests further investigation of other p27-related pathways potentially relevant for metastatic disease...
- Differential expression patterns of c-REL protein in classic and nodular lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin lymphomaQianxun Xiao
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 12:211-5. 2004..Our results demonstrate that there is differential c-REL protein expression in cHL in comparison with NLPHL and suggest that c-REL may play a role in the pathogenesis of classic Hodgkin lymphoma...
- Expression of cancer/testis (CT) antigens MAGE-A1, MAGE-A3, MAGE-A4, CT-7, and NY-ESO-1 in malignant gammopathies is heterogeneous and correlates with site, stage and risk status of diseaseMadhav V Dhodapkar
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Immun 3:9. 2003..These data suggest that CT antigens may have important biological implications in malignant gammopathies and that CT-7 may be a suitable target for T cell-based and possibly antibody-mediated immunotherapy of myeloma...
- Application of tissue microarray technology to the study of non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's lymphomaCyrus V Hedvat
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Cell Biology Program, Department of Pathology and Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Hum Pathol 33:968-74. 2002..This extensive expression profile of B-cell NHLs and HL tissues discloses the ability of TMAs to rapidly screen a large series of cases and represents the first report of method validation for this technique in the study of lymphoma...
- Melan-A (A103) and inhibin expression in ovarian neoplasmsDavis X Yao
Department of Pathology, New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, U.S.A
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 11:244-9. 2003..Thus, adding A103 to a panel of markers including inhibin may be a valuable adjunct in the differential diagnoses of SCSTs and their distinction from other ovarian neoplasms...
- Doxorubicin and dexamethasone followed by thalidomide and dexamethasone is an effective well tolerated initial therapy for multiple myelomaHani Hassoun
Division of Hematologic Oncology, Department of Medicine, Hematology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Br J Haematol 132:155-61. 2006..AD-TD administered with low dose aspirin for deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis was well tolerated and yielded a high response rate with minimal treatment-related morbidity...
- PIK3CA mutation associates with improved outcome in breast cancerKevin Kalinsky
Breast Cancer Medicine Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:5049-59. 2009..The prognostic implication of these activating mutations remains uncertain as moderately sized studies have yielded variable outcomes. Our aim was to determine the prognostic implications of PIK3CA mutations in breast cancer...
- p63 expression profiles in human normal and tumor tissuesCharles J Di Como
Division of Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:494-501. 2002..The p63 gene, located on chromosome 3q27-28, is a member of the p53 gene family. The product encoded by the p63 gene has been reported to be essential for normal development...
- ROLE OF MYELOID ELF-1 LIKE FACTOR IN HEMATOPOIESISCyrus Hedvat; Fiscal Year: 2005..Experience in the analysis of mouse models, the use of emerging microarray technology to study and diagnose disease, and clinical diagnostic development will lead to an independent career as a physician scientist. ..