Mark L Heaney
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Vitamin C antagonizes the cytotoxic effects of antineoplastic drugsMark L Heaney
Departments of Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Res 68:8031-8. 2008..These results support the hypothesis that vitamin C supplementation during cancer treatment may detrimentally affect therapeutic response...
- The BH3-only mimetic ABT-737 synergizes the antineoplastic activity of proteasome inhibitors in lymphoid malignanciesLuca Paoluzzi
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Blood 112:2906-16. 2008..Collectively, these data suggest that ABT-737 alone or in combination with a proteasome inhibitor represents a novel and potentially important platform for the treatment of B-cell malignancies...
- Sequential therapy with fludarabine, high-dose cyclophosphamide, and rituximab in previously untreated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia produces high-quality responses: molecular remissions predict for durable complete responsesNicole Lamanna
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:491-7. 2009..In that study, cyclophosphamide consolidation improved the frequency of complete response (CR) four-fold. Subsequently, rituximab was added to this regimen (F-->C-->R)...
- Clinical experience with intravenous and oral formulations of the novel histone deacetylase inhibitor suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid in patients with advanced hematologic malignanciesOwen A O'Connor
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematologic Oncology, Lymphoma Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:166-73. 2006..To document the toxicity and activity of the histone deacetylase inhibitor suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid (SAHA) in patients with pretreated hematologic malignancies...
- Inhibition of human peptide deformylase disrupts mitochondrial functionSindy Escobar-Alvarez
Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10065, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:5099-109. 2010..Therefore, HsPDF appears to have a role in maintenance of mitochondrial respiratory function, and this function is analogous to that of chloroplast PDF...
- Sequential cytarabine and alpha-particle immunotherapy with bismuth-213-lintuzumab (HuM195) for acute myeloid leukemiaTodd L Rosenblat
Department of Medicine and the Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:5303-11. 2010..This phase I/II trial was conducted to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and antileukemic effects of (213)Bi-lintuzumab, the first targeted α-emitter, after partially cytoreductive chemotherapy...
- Efficacy of the JAK2 inhibitor INCB16562 in a murine model of MPLW515L-induced thrombocytosis and myelofibrosisPriya Koppikar
Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Blood 115:2919-27. 2010..However, we did not observe a decrease in the size of the malignant clone in the bone marrow of treated mice at the end of therapy, which suggests that JAK2 inhibitor therapy, by itself, was not curative in this MPN model...
- A multivalent DNA aptamer specific for the B-cell receptor on human lymphoma and leukemiaPrabodhika R Mallikaratchy
Sloan Kettering Institute, 1275 York Ave, New York, New York 10025, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 39:2458-69. 2011..The chemically engineered aptamers, with significantly improved kinetic and biochemical features, unique specificity and desirable pharmacological properties, may be useful in biomedical applications...
- Comparison of hospitalization risk and associated costs among patients receiving sargramostim, filgrastim, and pegfilgrastim for chemotherapy-induced neutropeniaMark L Heaney
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Cancer 115:4839-48. 2009..Therefore, GM-CSF might reduce infection risk more than the G-CSFs. This study compared real-world infection-related hospitalization rates and costs in patients using G/GM-CSF for chemotherapy-induced neutropenia...
- Targeting Bcl-2 family members with the BH3 mimetic AT-101 markedly enhances the therapeutic effects of chemotherapeutic agents in in vitro and in vivo models of B-cell lymphomaLuca Paoluzzi
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Blood 111:5350-8. 2008..The addition of AT-101 to cyclophosphamide (Cy) and rituximab (R) in a schedule-dependent manner enhanced the efficacy of the conventional therapy...
- Human mitochondrial peptide deformylase, a new anticancer target of actinonin-based antibioticsMona D Lee
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Clin Invest 114:1107-16. 2004..We conclude that HsPDF is a new human mitochondrial enzyme that may provide a novel selective target for anticancer therapy by use of actinonin-based antibiotics...